Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Which One Is The "Any" Key?

People are stupid. Just when I begin to have doubts about this fact, something happens to erase those doubts. Monday at work someone in the IT department sent out a global email about a laptop update process that was due on the 31st of December. Now granted, global emails can sometimes be a bad idea, but the response in this case was much worse. The first reply rolled in a few minutes later: “Oh, I couldn’t update my laptop because I was on vacation, blah, blah, blah.” Then the next one: “I shouldn’t have received this message, I don’t even have a laptop.” Then: “I think you have the wrong person”. On and on it went. “I think you have the wrong Preston Muchinsonton” “There’s no need to hit 'reply all' PLEASE STOP”, and my personal favorite, quoted exactly as written: “FIX THIS EMIAN PLEASSE WRONG PEOPLE KEE P RECEIVING.” I had to set up a rule to send all of these emails to my junk mail folder. By the time the dust settled the total was around 250 of these emails. Sweet Jebus. Are people really still this f’in clueless about using email? Yes, yes they are. No wonder we haven’t cured cancer. Or cancelled “According to Jim”.

In an unrelated note I think we all need to observe a moment of silence for someone who passed away recently. And I think this is someone who had a more direct impact on most of our lives than Gerald Ford or James Brown. No, not the Scooby Doo guy (although how weird that I just mentioned Muttley on Friday). I speak of Momofuku Ando. None other than the creator of instant Ramen noodles. Come on, I know every single one of you has eaten instant Ramen noodles. Anyone been to the Ramen noodle museum?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

I didn't even know there was a ramen museum. And he should get a moment of silence along with flags half mast....think of how many successful people existed on ramen noodles during college?

1/10/2007 12:39 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

you know more trivia than the Average Librarian. What an excellent addition you'll be to our noble profession.

1/10/2007 3:14 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

250 emails? You have got to be kidding me? (that is something I say alot)

ha-According to Jim. And they cancelled Arrested. Boggles the mind doesn't it. How do people take care of themselves?

I will light a candle to Mr Ando. College and early marriage years wouldn't have been the same. maybe I'll toast to him tonight.

1/10/2007 6:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Damn he was 96 years old! I better start eating the Ramen!!

1/10/2007 7:53 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

I think all College students have lived on ramen noodles for a semester or two. Mmmm. Only 10 cents per meal! *LOL*

1/10/2007 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh! Where do you get this stuff?
Priceless.

I saw a flag at half-mast today, and wondered for whom it tolled. Now I know!

Yay, ramen!

1/10/2007 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home