Thursday, January 04, 2007

Christmas Day

OK, I need to finish blowing out these Christmas photos so everyone can get on with their lives. You all did put your lives on hold waiting for these, right? Well, keep holding - there are more coming up!

The Christmas breakfast table

Yule log burning brightly

Wrapping paper pile

My sister gave me some Trader Joe's goodies in this reusable TJ's shopping bag.

Inside the Trader Joe's bag, each item was in one of these bags. That's right - Care Bears, Dora, and Strawberry Shortcake.

When I was at my sister's house for Thanksgiving, I showed her an article I saw on the CNN website about paper made from elephant dung. Whaddya know, she gave me my very own piece of elephant dung paper for Christmas!

I don't know if the guy legally had his name changed to "Mr. Ellie Pooh" or not...

It's a tradition that everyone in the family gets a box of thin mints for Christmas.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What does the paper smell like?

1/04/2007 6:33 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Ok who saves the wrapping paper? I can't tell you how my childhood was plagued by my parents yelling, "Save the paper". Years we would have to reuse. Sheesh. You would think we were reliving the depression in the 70's.

I still get thin mints in my stocking. Love those mints! And sweet Trader Joe's. I also love the fire!

1/04/2007 9:20 PM  
Blogger JC said...

n - my sister is definitely a character.

b - it actually doesn't have much of a smell, it smells faintly like cardboard.

pg - my grandmother is big on saving the paper. Bows too. I never got that, you can get wrapping paper dirt cheap right after Christmas. Criss told me that they save theirs and then burn it in the fireplace. Supposedly it makes pretty colors when you do that. I'm curious to try it now!

1/05/2007 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home