Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Of Bond and Bathrooms

My cold seems to be running its course. I'm now in the "hacking cough" phase. I've spent a lot of time over the weekend with the Quil brothers, Day and Night. This morning I met Mr. Mucus, but he wasn't dressed in a tuxedo.

Finally saw the new James Bond joint over the weekend, and I thought it was pretty good. Daniel Craig’s portrayal struck me as the first Bond since early Connery where you get the sense that Bond could actually kick someone’s ass. Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan? Not so much. The stunt work was incredible and the action sequences were top-notch. I was glad to see that they kept Judi Dench as M, I thought that was one thing that was right about the previous Bond incarnation. Although this time I did find myself wondering how M got that job. Dame Judi, while certainly giving a credible performance as a hard-ass not about to take Bond’s shenanigans lightly, doesn’t strike me as someone who has years of spy experience in the field. Hey, that might actually be an accurate reflection of reality these days. But then again I guess reality is probably not the best yardstick for these types of movies. Anyway, aside from a couple of minor issues it’s a pretty good movie.

And what would a Wednesday post be without a little bathroom talk? (I don’t know, coherent maybe? Shut up.) If you’re in need of a quality restroom experience, Northpark Center in Dallas is the place to be. P.F. Chang’s leads the pack with excellent stonework and brass faucets, the Northpark restrooms come in second with very nice tile work and some great blonde wood accents, and the AMC theater places third with excellent tile work and automatic soap dispensers. Maybe I’ve had too much Dayquil.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Yes, I did notice that rental car when he first got to the Bahamas - a Taurus or somesuch. But then I loved how he ended up with the vintage Aston Martin (before he got the newer one) - just like the one from Goldfinger!

1/03/2007 2:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE P.F.Changs!! When I was pregnant I craved that place all the time, well, I still do :)
Automatic anything in a public restroom is preferrable IMHO :) HAH!

1/03/2007 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could you forget to mention the many amenities available in the Northpark restroom area? Aside from top-nothc male and female bathrooms, there were Family Bathrooms and Nursing Rooms, complete with changing table and a very cozy chair with wide arms on which to lean elbows supporting baby-heads.
I give it five stars.

1/03/2007 6:03 PM  
Blogger JC said...

How could I forget the nursing room? I mean, I did spend about 20 minutes in there. Very nice chair!

1/03/2007 8:47 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Daniel Craig, at first I was a bit outraged by the obvious overlooking of Clive Owen for Bond, but I like the Craigers. saw Layer Cake, and tht was good enough for me. I'd be an easy movie producer.Want to see the film. Read the book over the summer.

1/03/2007 10:39 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

me too! i saw CR the other day, ian griped about the expense of matinees, but he's the one whose the bond fan. must say, that this is my fav bond movie; am not a fan. sheepishly she admits, "i love this new bond's physique."

1/04/2007 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home