Friday, December 29, 2006

Planes, Trains, and...Well, Just Planes

I guess I was feeling like I didn't take enough pictures on vacation, so I went a little nuts on the plane ride home. I couldn't take any pictures on the way over there because it was dark. On the flight back it was a very clear day. Let the snoozing begin!


Here is a look at Huntsville, Alabama right after we took off. Approximately in the middle of the frame is the full-scale Saturn V rocket at the Space and Rocket Center (you can see a larger view if you click on the pictures).


This is the Mississippi River. I liked the way these oxbow lakes looked. They are formed when the river changes course and the old channel gets cut off. And while looking up oxbow lakes on Wikipedia, I learned that they are called billabongs in Australia. I'll be damned.


This is also the Mississippi. I thought that was a really cool bridge in the center of the picture. I haven't figured out what city it's near but I want to try and figure it out.






Downtown Dallas


The building where I work is visible in this shot.


Getting ready to land.




That's Fort Worth off in the distance.










A couple of variations on my by-now standard sunset shot.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like the M River pic with the bridge too...something about bridges is spooky to me.

12/30/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

The picture of the river is beyond cool. I love staring out of the airplane window.. till my terrible fear of heights kicks in and I have to sit back. Don't you get uneasy?

12/30/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger JC said...

I have no problem with flying unless the ride gets very bumpy. The view from a plane doesn't freak me out. I was a little freaked out by the view from the Sears Tower if I got really close to the windows, and climbing up stairs that are really high and let you see down below can freak me out some, but planes in general don't.

12/30/2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

I like the Mississippi River pic too. And Ft.Worth in the distance, something romantic about seeing a town from far away.

12/30/2006 7:40 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I like the picture of downtown Dallas.

12/31/2006 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home