Monday, December 18, 2006

That's Mr. Bunyan To You

I took Anne's advice and made like Paul Bunyan with the tree in my back yard. I had to borrow an axe from my neighbors. I already knew this from past experience, but chopping wood is hard work! The key is gripping the axe as close to the end of the handle as you can and letting that leverage work for you. It was a nice little workout.






In other news, I had a date this weekend. I had a good time and I think the person I went out with is really smart, cute, and funny. Unfortunately I botched the end of the date, which won't come as a surprise to at least a couple of you. Hopefully I will get another chance...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What botching? There was no botching...

12/18/2006 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS - I may need to borrow that axe (and the axe-handler - I don't think anyone wants *me* to handle an axe) for the weeds in my front yard...

12/18/2006 3:03 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Nikki - Hope you feel better soon! I'm trying to post a lot now because I won't be able to over Xmas vacation.

C - c'mon, you know. The whole goodnight kiss debacle!

12/18/2006 4:01 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

You two went out-how very sweet! I doesn't sound like you botched anything. You blotched earlier in the week, but no botching.

12/18/2006 4:10 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

an axe? what happened to chain saws? don't overdo it now.

12/19/2006 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home