Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Back To Blogging Business

* The papers are done! I just have to make 3 more posts in one of my classes by tomorrow night and I'm done for the semester. This past semester ended up being kind of busy. The work wasn't difficult, there was just a lot of it. The break will be nice.

* My face is mostly back to normal. Yeah, I know, that's a disappointment to everyone involved. I just have one spot under my right eye that got irritated and is still red. At least now I can say that I've suffered for my art! Only one person said anything to me yesterday, and it was my one confidante at work so I told her the truth.

* I think I read this on a blog somewhere recently, but I can't remember which one: A grown man should never, ever, smell like baby powder. This statement has come to haunt me recently because there is a guy at work who smells like baby powder. A lot. He started on the same day as I did back in June, and I knew he smelled weird, but it never really bothered me and I never identified it as baby powder. But ever since I read that statement I realized that that is what this guy smells like, and now it drives me nuts. I don't want to know what he's powdering. I may have to get some of that stuff from the autopsy scene in Silence of the Lambs that they put under their noses to block out the bad smell. Hard to do with a goatee, though!

* Did you hear about the reindeer hotdogs? Get one for your kids right after you tell them there's no such thing as Santa for that extra traumatic experience this holiday season! Or you could just tell them what's in a real hot dog.

* Did you hear about the 3 year old that got stuck in the Krazy Krane machine? Keep an eye on those toddlers! Reminds me of Buster in that episode of Arrested Development.

* I'm usually not a huge fan of Christmas music, even though I do like a few songs. So I was skeptical when I heard that Aimee Mann was doing a Christmas album. But it's really good! She's going to be on Conan O'Brien tonight for you tapers and tivo-ers.

3 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

I'm a little scared of the baby powder too. I can only imagine only thinking of this smell when seeing this guy. It's ok to use but add some cologne.

and how on earth did tha child get in there? I'm amazed and I would be horrified if my son did that. The firemen would have to resucitate me.
And I'm glad your papers are done and your face is somewhat back to normal.You so crazy.

12/13/2006 9:44 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

i definitely know my girl would have panicked inside that vending machine!!
aimee mann is playing in the city this december but the show is sold out, feh.

12/13/2006 3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you Tivo/tape it for me??? Please????

Maybe the guy has a baby, and the baby power smell is from changing his baby's diaper - he's just not that good at it, so he gets baby powder all over himself when he does it, so he smells like that all day.

Or maybe he just really likes to wear Love's Baby Soft.

Hey, all in all... there are much worse things to smell like.

Do you know where I can get some of those reindeer hot dogs? I think I need to serve them to my class - y'know, as a nice top-off to the Momday debacle...

12/13/2006 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home