Friday, January 05, 2007

Going Insane

The headphones have had to make early appearances at work the past two days. It seems like we have a full compliment of people in the office again after the last two very light weeks, and it's driving me nuts. People who guffaw at 7:30 in the morning are psychotic! I have to ease into my day quietly. There’s a lady here who laughs like Barney Rubble, and it’s driving me insane! We also have a guy who talks like Napoleon Dynamite and a guy who laughs like Muttley. It's frickin' Hanna Barbera around here. Sheezus.

Yesterday I had to deposit some Christmas cash at my bank. I had my deposit envelope all ready to go when I drove up to the ATM. Apparently now they have a new system where you don't use deposit envelopes, you are supposed to feed the cash in and the machine automatically counts it. It’s really weird, have any of you seen this? It worked OK, but it spit out the five dollar bill I inserted and made me re-do it. I’m just wondering what you’re supposed to do if the machine miscounts the money. Seems like it would be easy for that to happen.

My sister will be in town this weekend. She’s on her way to Costa Rica, and bought the cheapest ticket available. The flight goes through Dallas, and she thought that her layover was a couple of hours. Um, not so much. It’s more like 2 days! I hope she saved lots of money on that ticket. She’s staying one night with a friend of hers from high school, and one night at my house.

It’s almost time to leave this loony bin for the week thank Jebus.

7 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

I don't think I'd like that feed me sort of banking. But it's good to not waste the paper from the envelopes I suppose.
Have fun with your sister!

1/05/2007 4:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you have a great visit with sis! I don't have a branch I go to for banking (online) so all my deposits are mailed in...and they don't want cash sent in...THANKFULLY I haven't ever had a large wad of money to deal with so it hasn't been an issue.

1/05/2007 8:06 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Lord - that reminds me so much of Crazyworld. Remember when we would chat during the day - the crazy cologne guy who had gas, the 2, E, the lady who screamed portugese? The announcements louder than HOE???

Actually, right now it sounds like heaven.

Two days is a lot longer than two hours - but that's great!! I hope she brings a bushbaby!!

1/06/2007 7:48 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Good luck at work tomorrow. Morning people need to keep their morningness to themselves. I hate them.

1/07/2007 9:05 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

at least it's Hanna Barbera and not dukes of hazard. can you imagine listening to roscoe p. coltrane and his obnoxious giggle all day long?

i have not seen those machines. yuck. the very thought of that is so not appealing to me. happy visiting with your sister. is this the one who works at the zoo in NC? or do you have several sibs?

1/07/2007 9:23 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I don't know if I could survive without headphones. They are a brilliant invention. I need quiet in the mornings as well - people who talk on the train on the way to work make me insane. Why don't people have an indoor voice?

1/07/2007 10:00 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Hope you had lots of fun with your sister. Is she going to get some aniamls from Costa Rica? maybe a sloth?
You sound like my husband with the headphones. He used them until he thought he was missing conversations about projects he was working on, and he was right.

1/08/2007 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home