Friday, January 05, 2007

Christmas Ornaments

Here are some pictures of my grandmother's Christmas tree and some of the ornaments thereon. All of the ornaments on the tree belong to my two cousins. My grandmother buys each of them an ornament each year to add to the tree. She did the same thing for my sister and I when we were growing up, and when each of us got our own homes she gave us the ornaments that we had received through the years to put on our own trees. My grandmother used to travel a lot, and usually she would get us ornaments from the places that she went. I think it's a nice tradition.

This tree doesn't have any two ornaments alike. On my tree (which I haven't put up in the last two years) I also put up some of the glass ball ornaments because I like a little of that uniform look and I also need more ornaments to fill out the tree.











Yep, that's a starfish.





This one kind of freaks me out because of the bulging eyes and the Marge Simpson hair.



This one was from a trip to San Antonio.

And I think this one was from Cape Hatteras.





Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a great tradition your grandma started!

1/05/2007 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom used all the school-made ornaments on our tree when I was little - my big claim to fame was that the angel that topped our tree was made by ME (an ugly mint-green construction paper thing with too much glue and some odd chalk-like glitter...)
Unfortunately, when we moved from Chile all those items found their way into the trash... there's only so much luggage the airlines allowed, even in pre-9/11 days... :(

1/05/2007 5:14 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I love seeing people's ornaments. They're so personal and unique. I like Santa flying on a cardinal! Either Santa is much smaller than we thought, or that is one damned big bird!

1/06/2007 7:49 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

That is so sweet. I really like the light house, and the one from San Antonio.

1/08/2007 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home