Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Appy-Hay Ew-Nay Ear's-Yay!

Happy New Year's everyone! I hope Santa brought you everything you wanted. I don't know, today really didn't have much of a special feel to me. Sometimes new year's can feel like some kind of significant point in one's life, but maybe I'm in too much of a transitional period right now. Or maybe it's that not a lot has changed for me in the past year. That's OK. In fact, sometimes it's the best way to go.

I used to not make resolutions, but I did in 2007 since it was the January theme for Self Portrait Challenge. I thought it might be interesting to take a look back and see how I did.

Resolution 1 - Eat More Vegetables: This one worked out pretty well. My desire to lose weight late in the year helped me stick with this one. I definitely need to keep this one up. Thanksgiving and Christmas trips to carb-central (AKA my parents' house) have side-tracked me a little bit, but I think I can get back on track. Side note: January 1st was the date I was trying to hit my weight loss goal - I ended up about 2-3 pounds short of my goal. I think because of the aforementioned trips to carb-central. So I guess I need to keep working to lose those last couple of pounds.

Resolution 2 - Eat More Fruit: This one worked out OK too for the same reasons as the vegetable thing.

Resolution 3 - Go To Sleep On Time: This one hasn't worked out quite as well. Right now the pattern is to struggle through the week and then do lots of sleeping on the weekends. I have to keep working on this one.

Resolution 4 - Spend More Time Outside: At first I thought this one was a failure too since I haven't been outside much lately, but I think for the year as a whole it was a mixed bag. I spent a lot of time outdoors last winter and summer. I can't wait to go bird watching again when it warms ups a little.

Resolution 5 - Clean The House More Often: Whoops. This one didn't work out so well. Although I have been on a small cleaning binge lately, things haven't changed much in the big picture. I need to keep working on this one.

Three out of five isn't bad I guess. I'm only human. I haven't decided about resolutions for this year other than the ones I'm carrying over, but I probably will make a few. Much love to you all and I hope the new year brings everything you want it to. Now eat some black-eyed peas. It can't hurt.


Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Good resolutions - this year, I'm not making any, we'll see how that works for me.

I could use more outdoor time myself, but it's been so cold that I find myself hibernating instead. I'm sure the bracing air would do me good.

Happy New Year!

1/01/2008 8:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great picture JC! Your resolutions from last year were good and realistic. I need to start small, like eating a carrot and an apple a day :P
I write that after I just downed half of a bag of cheddar/baked potato chips. Maybe my resolution should be to stop binge eating!

1/01/2008 9:03 PM  
Blogger luzie said...

I'm still thinking about whether or not to make new resolutions. The only reason I made mine for 2007 was SPC, but they've kinda helped me through the year.. so.. I might make new ones.

Cleaning more will definitely not on my list. That resolutions would be doomed to fail within the first couple of.. hours? I think I clean up enough. ;)

I like that you stuck to 3/5 though! Good job!

Happy New Year!

1/02/2008 3:49 AM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

happy new year! :) i think eating more vegetables and fruit are great resolutions and you should continue it - it's good for you!! :)

1/02/2008 4:43 AM  
Blogger BJ said...

Happy New Year! You did really well to keep three out of five. It's difficult to keep resolutions sometimes. But I admire people who are able to do that.

1/02/2008 5:08 AM  
Blogger weddingproject-us said...

Happy New Year! That is a cool photo. You should be proud that you did 3 out of 5.

Outdoor time is the best. I could eat better. I found a recipe where brussel sprouts actually sound tolerable.

1/02/2008 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home