Monday, December 10, 2007

Decisions, Decisions

I finished up another semester of school today. Next semester may be my last one! Yeah, I know one should probably know whether their next semester will be their last if it's only a month before the next one starts. The only reason that I'm not sure yet has to do with the "thesis" experience. The reason I phrase it like that is because we don't write a thesis per se. We have a one week period where (from what I know about it) we choose three topics that have to do with library science, and we basically have that week to write a paper on each one. I'm not even sure how long the papers have to be, but everyone says it's pretty intense. So, I'm trying to decide if I want to take 2 classes, work my full-time job, work my part-time job, and do this paper-writing thing all in the same semester. The downside to putting off the papers? I wouldn't be able to graduate until August. In my opinion, it sounds like a week of hell would be worth it to graduate in May. Some people say I am crazy to even consider doing all that stuff at the same time. I do remember how difficult last summer was with 2 classes in one 5 week term. But that was 5 weeks of hell, not 1. My advisor didn't really try to talk me out of it. So that's why I'm unsure at this point. I guess I have to decide by the beginning of January.

It finally got (somewhat) cold around here. I know 80 degrees (that's what it was last Friday) may sound great to those of you who are really cold, but honestly I'm getting kind of tired of it. Winter is supposed to be cold! All this warm weather just reminds me of global warming. The temperature right now is 42, and that's as warm as it has been today. I think it's a nice change of pace.

I have to go to the dentist tomorrow and get a crown and also a filling. I'm really not looking forward to it. This will be my second crown, and at least I kind of know what to expect. The last one didn't hurt at all, and I'm hoping for a repeat of that aspect of it. It's still really going to hurt the ol' wallet, though.

If you're looking for some great Christmas music, my favorite download site has a real gem this week. I love the Aimee Mann Christmas album, and last year she did a few of the songs live on KCRW (I even posted about it here). Well, now you can download it! Just go here. Highly recommended.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cory said...

I hear ya on the cold weather thing...I'm sick of sweating in December-it's ridiculous!Apparently it's supposed to get cold here in Houston tomorrow-yay! Good luck at the dentist...they terrify me, but hopefully it will be pain free like last time!

12/11/2007 12:25 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

look, you won't know if you don't try. it sounds like you've already convinced yourself to do it anyway so good luck!!

12/11/2007 5:10 PM  
Blogger REENblack said...

If you can take all those classes and work two jobs I think you can handle just about anything. It will be a week of little sleep and constant thinking...but maybe it would be worth it to get it done!??? Then again I had a hard time being a stay at home mom and taking three classes...

Cold weather is nice in theory...but when its 0 degrees after the wind chill, I'm not such a huge fan anymore. You can have some of my cold if I can have a day or two of 80!!!

Good luck at the dentist...I assisted for six months while we were in Germany. Its not as bad if you go in relaxed!!!

12/12/2007 10:06 AM  
Blogger weddingproject-us said...

it's chilly there-isn't it so nice and holiday-ish? and yay-aimee mann!

12/12/2007 4:17 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

do it all and get it over with instead of dragging it out. you can do it!

12/18/2007 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home