Wednesday, November 28, 2007

SPC - What I Wear 4

This month's theme for Self Portrait Challenge is "What I Wear". Since I spent Thanksgiving in Arizona, which usually seems to be very sunny, I thought I would post of a photo of me wearing my sunglasses. The last two days I was there, however, it was pretty doggone cloudy. Nonetheless I shall proceed. There's a good bit of sun here in north Texas as well, but the sun in southern Arizona is intense. I mean, it makes sense, it's a desert fer cryin' out loud. I don't know if it's the altitude or what, but the sun can be very brutal there, especially in the summertime. Got to protect those peepers.



I wish I had planned this shot better so I could have had a more impressive scene in the shades, like some mountains or some palm trees, but this was literally taken 5 minutes before leaving for the airport to come home. So instead you see my parents' front yard. There's always next time I guess.


To see what other are wearing, visit the SPC website.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

I think this shot turned out great! Love the landscape in the lenses!

11/28/2007 9:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool.

11/28/2007 10:18 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

looks cool, it turned out great :)

11/29/2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I love it - I think it's very cool. Very Mr. Lennon-ish (wrong shape, but still).

11/29/2007 11:15 AM  
Blogger weddingproject-us said...

texas. mirrored shades.

All i can think of is "What we've got here is failure to communicate."

Coming from Universal this Christmas Cool Hand JC ;)

11/29/2007 12:22 PM  
Blogger weddingproject-us said...

i love this too!

11/29/2007 12:37 PM  
Blogger REENblack said...

I love that its your parents front yard! Thats what you were there for right?!?!? Great shot!

11/29/2007 1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jc! Cool photo.

11/29/2007 5:39 PM  
Blogger luzie said...

what a cool idea!! i have such sensitive eyes, i wear shades even on sunny winter's days.

11/30/2007 1:32 PM  
Blogger MLB said...

This would be fun to play around with... You could do a whole travelog with the reflections in your glasses!

Marni

12/01/2007 7:37 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Love the burn out/fade out effect at the top. That's great! That's kind of difficult to do with a digital camera, isn't it?

12/03/2007 7:24 AM  
Blogger JC said...

m - That's a good idea!

a - with this one it just kind of came naturally when I increased the brightness & contrast. The area at the top of the shot was brighter to begin with.

12/03/2007 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home