Sunday, November 25, 2007

Taking It Easy

So far it's been a good, if lazy, Thanksgiving holiday. Thanksgiving dinner was just me and my parents this year. I thought my sister and brother-in-law would be here, but I thought wrong. New jobs mean non-existent vacation time. It's the first time in quite a few years that we haven't had Thanksgiving dinner with lots of people around. I tried not to overindulge, and I did a little better than many times in the past, but I did eat just a little bit too much. Of course, I'm very thankful that I even have the chance to eat too much when so many people in this world don't.

The weather has been a bit cooler than I was expecting. Thursday was very warm, about 80. Since then it's only been about 60. Jacket weather!

Friday I did hit the stores at 7 for a little Christmas shopping. 7PM, that is. It takes a lot more than the promise of shopping among hordes of people to make me get up early on a vacation day. I actually did get a couple of Christmas presents bought, so I have that going for me, which is nice. I have spent large parts of the rest of my time here watching football games. In fact, it's pretty ridiculous at this point how much football I've watched. It should taper off some now, since there aren't any pro games that I'm interested in tomorrow. Although I do feel a little guilty about being so non-productive at the moment, it's also kind of nice to not have to worry about being anywhere or having to turn in homework.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Deb R said...

You actually, physically WENT to the stores on Friday?? Wow. Really, just....Wow! There isn't one thing I want badly enough on this planet to step so much as my pinky toe into the stores on the day after Thanksgiving.

Glad you found some stuff though! I've finally started my Christmas shopping too...online. The UPS man is my friend. :-)

11/25/2007 1:11 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! I'm still in Philly-heading back to Texas tomorrow and very bummed. I've been playing nanny this week and have had a blast, although I'm really exhausted. I've been watching way too much football here too-and by "entirely too much football" I mean the 5 minutes of it that I had it on before I flipped the channel to TLC to watch Trading Spaces. =)

11/25/2007 6:45 PM  
Blogger Amy N. said...

Sometimes I think that I need a 12 step program for my football watching. I love it!! I am glad that you had a good turkey day

11/26/2007 9:08 AM  
Blogger REENblack said...

Being lazy can be a good thing! Esp when you are on VACATION!!! I still can't believe people actually RAN, seriously RAN into Target to get stuff at 6. Other stores opened at 4! Come on people! Sleep is a good thing! I don't know if I can handle working the day after ever again, its just crazy!

(And yup, my little one did help stuff the bird! I was just as squeamish as she was! haha)

11/26/2007 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home