Monday, December 17, 2007

Tooth Trouble - The Musical

Today was a bit discombobulating at work (but nothing like my freakout week before last!). Today was the day that we all moved to our new work area. It was good to get out of that fishbowl I was in, it’s just going to take me a little bit of time to feel like I’m in my own place. There were tons of boxes to unpack and things just had that unsettled feeling. It will get better in time.

Things aren’t the greatest in tooftown. A couple of days after I got my temporary crown last Tuesday my tooth started hurting a little bit. In fact, the last two nights I have been awakened in the middle of the night by a sore tooth. It seems to get better when I take some Tylenol, but I’m having to pretty much take it every 5 or 6 hours. My tooth is kind of sensitive to both hot and cold. It’s been coldish outside, and my tooth actually seems to start hurting a little after I’ve been outside even for a little bit. From what I can tell it’s not time to hit the panic button yet. Tooth sensitivity with a temporary crown isn’t all that unusual. So I may have to wait a couple of weeks after I get my permanent crown (not until January 3rd) to know whether I should worry or not. I just really don’t want a root canal, they’re so damn expensive (at least in this country!).

On a lighter note, if you’ve got some time to kill and you miss those good ol’ TV theme songs of yesteryear, check out this page. All your craptastic favorites are here – Hawaii Five-O, Diff’rent Strokes, CHIPS, Charles in Charge, Smurfs, Banana Splits, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, Hong Kong Phooey. The Baretta theme blew my little 3 year old mind. Knight Rider is pretty rockin’. I dare you to spend less than an hour at this site, at least if you were as much of a TV junkie as I was when I was a kid. If you check it out, let it me know what some of your favorites are. (Look at me, I’m all Gen-X cool with the pop culture references! :P )

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger REENblack said...

LOL Loved the Smurfs!!! That rocks!

Sorry about your tooth...from what I know, and I'm sure you know it too, the reason your tooth hurts is because the work done was so close to the nerve. It takes a while for your tooth to harden around it again, which will make it not as sensitive. If you feel the cold, and it goes away in a couple seconds thats a good thing--your nerve is still working correctly. Hope it feels better soon!

12/18/2007 9:11 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

ugh. this time of year. there's way too mcuh going on. and you have this new crown and a new office? when it rains, it pours.

12/18/2007 9:38 AM  
Blogger weddingproject-us said...

i hope your tooth gets better.

hawaii 5-0. i used to dance around to that all the time. baretta is pretty rockin. i try singing the first part every once in awhile.

12/18/2007 3:50 PM  
Blogger 3HappyHippies said...

Personally I dig, love, am going crazy for Punky Brewster! OMG Punky Brewster ROCKS..."every time I turn around, I see the girl that turns my world around!" This is totally awesome.

12/19/2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Punky Brewster was my sister's favorite show when she was a kid! Did you know that the actress who played Punky Brewster had breast reduction surgery? My how things change.

12/20/2007 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home