Thursday, December 13, 2007

Crack Is Wack

Medical week continues. My last contact lens tore this week, so I finally had to make an appointment to see the eye doctor so I could get a new prescription. I went to a new doctor since my old one is now really far away. She wants me to try wearing a lens in my right eye too. Blah. I tried it with a disposable this afternoon and my eye was very uncomfortable. I'll try it a few more times, but it's got to feel better than it did today.

On the way back to work from the eye doctor I had to stop at the post office to mail a package. I got my eyes dilated, so I'm sure I looked like some kind of mutant. Everything was all blurry and I was looking at the lady behind the desk while trying to look normal. I said "I just went to the eye doctor, that's why my eyes look weird." She looked at me and then said: "I don't care if you've been smoking crack. Can you sign your name? That's all I need from you." It looks kind of mean in print, but she said it in a joking way. I thought it was pretty damn funny.

9 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Whoa. I am glad you qualified her comments by saying she was joking. I was about to get all protective and irritated on your behalf. Actually though, that's kind of funny. Crack jokes are funny.

12/13/2007 10:27 PM  
Blogger REENblack said...

LOL Until you said she was joking I would have thought she needed a bi#@$ smack!!! That would be pretty entertaining to hear behind you in line though!

12/14/2007 8:46 AM  
Blogger Amy N. said...

Someone should tell Whitney Houston that she would be welcomed at this post office!!

12/14/2007 9:32 AM  
Blogger BJ said...

Good thing you were so good natured.....explaining why your eyes looked whack! I bet she could have gotten in HUGE trouble for saying that to a customer!

12/14/2007 6:53 PM  
Blogger weddingproject-us said...

ha-wow crack huh? very funny to hear someone say that. Were eyes all weirdly dilated like homer's when he licked those frogs? (It's kind of sad when most of my thinking is a springboard from The Simpsons.)

12/14/2007 8:32 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Wow. I'm with Reenblack. Talk to the hand beeyotz.

12/15/2007 1:47 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

LOL!!!!!!! I think it's just as funny you felt the need to explain away your messed up eyes!!!

12/17/2007 11:09 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

ian wears his contacts into the ground because our health insurance only pays for a certain supply and it's too pricey to buy buy buy those little lenses like we/he should.

12/18/2007 9:40 AM  
Blogger 3HappyHippies said...

That was freaking hilarious as I am so the kind of person that would have said that. Jokingly of course.

12/19/2007 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home