Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Pomeranian? No, Pomegranate!

Today's dental appointment wasn't much fun, but it could have been a lot worse. I really didn't feel anything when the dentist was drilling (I still hate the sound though), but then when the technician was poking around on the pitiful little nub left over before the temporary crown went on I felt a little twinge in one particular area. The anticipation that that little dull pain could pain could lead to something worse was probably the worst part, though. The dentist said that the decay on that tooth went all the way to the nerve and he had to patch over it. I really hope it doesn't abscess, leading to a root canal, which could be a possibility. I've had enough dental trauma for one year thank you very much. They gave me a prescription for some Vicodin, but I haven't filled it. My tooth doesn't hurt too much, and being drugged into oblivion doesn't sound all that appealing to me right now.


On another note, I bought a pomegranate at the store last weekend. I can't remember the last time I had one. I've been avoiding them due to their high price, but when I saw them on sale I decided to splurge. I may have to splurge again, I really love those seeds. They're great as a snack by themselves, and they are a nice salad topping. They're kind of like eating sunflower seeds that have a little juice package wrapped around them. Yum!


Who would've thought that something that looks so much like a crime scene could be so good?



I just love the way the juice is splattered here.




I've also been diggin' on these grape tomatoes. I love them as a snack and they're great on salads too. Plus they have cartoon characters on the label.




Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

I can easily eat one of those grape tomato boxes in one sitting. They're wonderful! Sorry to hear about your tooth issues. Ick. Hope you got some nice painkillers out of the deal :)

12/11/2007 10:20 PM  
Blogger weddingproject-us said...

mmmmm....i love those cherry tomatoes. the dentist, I'm not so good talking about them myself. I'm sorry about your visits and I know exactly what you mean by hearing that drill.

I have never had a pomegranate. And I will set the record straight I loathe pomeranians.

12/12/2007 4:24 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

I enjoy pomegranates, but most of the time I'm too lazy to eat them. It's a lot of work/mess. I love the pictures though-especially since you left the knife in there!!! I have some good news regarding "12 Days of Whataburger"-apparently it's all a hoax!! I pulled up to the drive-thru this morning to get my honey butter biscuit and coffee (I guess no one cares what I had for breakfast either, but whateva) and there was a sign taped to the window that said they weren't valid coupons-that it was all lieeeeees! So I laughed, immediately thought of your blog, and had to run and come tell you! Also, if you have some time, I suggest going to youtube and doing a search for Dane Cook...funny funny man....and if you aren't easily offended, try doing a search for "dane cook, candy necklace" It was my favorite joke of the night, but I'm just sick like that...

12/13/2007 11:09 AM  
Blogger JC said...

a - they gave me a prescription for some vicodin, but i didn't fill it. I thought I would try to ride things out that first night, and when I woke up yesterday almost all of the pain was gone. I still kind of want to try it just to see what all the fuss is about.

pg - that drill noise - "shudder". You must try pomegranate at least once!

c - I'm still endlessly enjoying your avatar. Best. avatar. ever!

I love that it's a hoax! They must be getting swamped, because I've had a lot of people come to the blog from searching "12 days of whataburger". I'm usually good at spotting email hoaxes, but this one was genius. The coupons look real, and you would think that a hoax would target a more widely known restaurant, like McDonald's or Burger King. I wish I had a video camera, I would film myself trying to redeem one of those coupons.

12/13/2007 9:34 PM  
Blogger REENblack said...

The dentist is never fun, but better to get it taken care of and out of the way so you can feel better...hopefully this crown will last a LONG time so you won't have to get that root canal done!!!

The last time I had a pomegranate was over 10 years ago...I don't think my kids have ever seen one opened up! Maybe we'll find one over winter break and make a huge mess trying to get into it!!!

12/14/2007 8:44 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

we eat the HELL out of poms. hint: peel off the skin completely with a knife first (preferably in the sink) then insert knife in middle and lightly pull the thing into segments...slightly less mess and fewer destroyed pips.

yum.

tooth problems suckass. my visiting mom has to have a crown replaced for the low low price of 700 dollars. thanks for nothing.

12/15/2007 1:46 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

great photos, few days i ago i ate some pomegranate :)) delicious!!!

12/17/2007 3:22 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

ian got a crown, a temporary crown last week on a tooth that the dentist had watched for some time. dental work is so expensive!

12/18/2007 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home