Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ho Ho Ow!

I saw these cacti as we were driving around Tucson one day this past week. I insisted upon stopping to take some photos - I'm sure my parents thought I was crazy but I didn't care. It's not every day that I see something like this. My mom told me that there is actually a practical reason to put hats on small cacti - it protects the growth tip of the cactus from cold temperatures, but these were so large that it was done just for giggles.


Stopping to take photos made us a bit late to In N Out Burger. The line was out the door! And it was 1:45! It was so worth the wait even though it meant that we had to take our food to the airport and eat it there in order to make sure I could check my bag in time for my flight. My dad had not had In N Out before, and he was totally sold on it.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

The cactus picture is awesome! SO painfully incongruous and funny. I think those should be your holiday greeting cards next year :) Jealous that you had In N Out! Seems like a good way to end a holiday trip. Happy New Year!

12/29/2007 10:59 AM  
Blogger paintergirlFLA said...

That is so freakin funny. I'm so happy you took the photo! I think I would even try an N Out burger. (When in Rome and all that)

12/29/2007 8:02 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

JC - these are very funny pictures....I love them. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and the New Year brings you peace, love & much happiness!

12/30/2007 7:30 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I'm really glad you insisted on getting a picture - that is hysterical.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who hadn't had an In N Out burger... well, maybe I am now.

Happy New Year. I was thinking of how much fun we had the year we spent it together!!

12/30/2007 3:27 PM  
Blogger Cory said...

haha I love the pics...and I'm glad you got to make a stop at In N Out...I'm so jealous. Happy New Year!!!

12/31/2007 2:06 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Love the cactus photos! Too funny!!!

One of these days when I'm in the right part of the country, I want to try an In N Out Burger and see what all the fuss is about. I've heard raves about them for years, but they don't have those in this part of the country.

Hope you've made it home safely by now, JC. I've done basically no blog visits lately, especially in the past couple of weeks, and I've missed reading what you're up to, so I wanted to stop by and say Happy New Year. I hope 2008 is wonderful for you!

1/01/2008 4:37 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

great photos :))

1/02/2008 4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home