Thursday, May 03, 2007

Blog, Schmlog

Ugh. I have been extremely busy trying to finish up all my work for school this semester. Once I turn in my paper no later than Sunday, I'll be done until June 4th.

Beyond that, I've really kind of soured on the whole blog thing lately. It seems like it's been more of a pain in the ass than fun lately. We'll see if I can drum up more enthusiasm for it once this semester is over. Hmm.

Someone hit my blog today after performing a Google search using the phrase "Should I wear my dentures to a job interview?" Since I don't think they found what they were looking for, let me address this for the next idiot who stumbles upon my blog in the same way:

Short answer - Yes.

Slightly less short answer - Yes, except maybe if you are interviewing to be a prostitute or a hapless old person in a denture commercial.

Glad I could help.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Chickytava said...

Personally, I prefer your curmudgeonly blogs, like this one, because it made me laugh out loud. But that's because I secretly (or not so secretly) hate people that say they don't hate anything. So I'm glad you're feeling like a hater. Hats off!

5/04/2007 12:04 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

curmudgeon-that's a good word.

now why would the whole denture thing even be an issue?

Take it easy. Blog world is not going anywhere. I would like to hear about Air.

5/04/2007 7:25 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

i get like that sometimes, too. taking a break from your blog might reinvigorate you. but don't go away for too long, now!

5/04/2007 10:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see you back. I didnt know if had crawled under the same rock I have been hiding under

5/04/2007 12:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the word "you" should be inserted

5/04/2007 12:09 PM  
Blogger JC said...

ct - I think there may be lots more curmudgeonly stuff coming, I think I've been suppressing.

pg - There will be an Air post. It's partially written, but I want it to be good.

bekka - I'll try not to go away for too long.

Amy - consider it inserted. Wow, that sounds so dirty. It got kind of crowded under that rock didn't it?

5/04/2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How do you know what people type in to find your blog? Intrigued.

5/04/2007 4:56 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Dear Lord - I think you should have told them no, just to screw with them.

5/05/2007 3:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes it was a snug fit. You dirty minded boy!

5/05/2007 11:24 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Whew! Best comment ever? I need a cigarette. And a moist towelette.

Oh, and barbara, I use statcounter.

5/05/2007 2:27 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

hehe, hapless old prostitute - dentures not needed. (=

wonder how you'd weigh in on the old toupee? Toupee and dentures together?

5/08/2007 11:19 AM  
Blogger luzie said...

i can totally relate to not being in the right mood to blog while trying to concentrate on school. i'm so jealous you're almost done. we keep going until mid-july, geez!

5/08/2007 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home