Friday, April 27, 2007

More Flowers? Sheesh.

Well, the trip to Trader Joe's was very fruitful. In some cases literally (har de har har). I think I am well short of 17 pounds. First time purchases for me include: freeze dried rambutan and mango, red mole sauce, 5 Chinese spice sauce, Burundi coffee, chocolate meringue cookies, and dried hibiscus flowers (Anna, I want to make that drink you blogged about a while back!). Repeat purchases include: Hawaiian style hickory barbecue potato chips, chile spiced mango, and Ethiopian and Costa Rican Tarrazu coffee. I am not ruling out another trip at some point!

Alright kiki, I won't leave you in suspense any longer. The reason I came out here is because I am going to see Air in concert tomorrow night. They aren't coming to Dallas on this tour, so I thought I would come out here because I could stay with my parents. I'm pretty excited about it because I haven't seen them before. The only downside is that I have to drive about 2 hours to get to Phoenix. Since the only return flight on Sunday that I could get at the super-cheapo price leaves here at 7:15 Sunday morning, I'm thinking I may get about 2 hours of sleep on Saturday night. Oh well, I can sleep later. One kind of funny thing is that when I called my parents about a month ago to see if they would be around this weekend, it turns out they actually already had plans to be out of town. They left this afternoon, so now I'm here all by myself. My parents are always doing stuff, actually they do a hell of a lot more stuff than I do. I can tell you this much, the thermostat won't be set on 78 anymore!

I figured I might as well continue the JC Happy Funtime Flower Blog, so here are a few photos I have taken. The cacti are blooming all over the place!

















Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Thank you for telling me the reason for your trip - right on, traveling for a concert!! Sounds like great fun and I want a full report. I heart Trader Joe's and I love those dried mangos.

4/27/2007 6:39 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Air? Air! I am so jealous! Air-man.,

I think that's funny you're parents are leaving you alone in the house. It's like you're 16 again-it's a mini vacation.

Look at all those cactus flowers-I never knew there were so many different colors.

jc happy funtime flower blog would be a big hit in woodstock.

have a GREAT time at Air. man.

4/27/2007 7:08 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

This pics of the cactus are so good! I love the colors. Enjoy your concert!

4/27/2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Since the folks are out of town I assume that you are having a big kegger at their house. I will bring the solo cups

4/27/2007 10:41 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I'm enjoying the JC Happy Funtime Flower Blog. :-)

Hope you're having a good trip!

4/28/2007 12:09 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I've seen Air twice. Both shows were so totally different. I will look forward to your blog post about the concert, because I'm sure it won't be anything like the ones I've seen.

I'm enjoying the new cd.

Enjoy the show and your trip.

4/28/2007 12:49 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

I hope you like the cocktail! It is good for packing in a "water" bottle for the show :)

I have never seen cacti bloom before. They are beautiful.

Enjoy the show! Do you have a seat or is it general admission?

4/28/2007 7:47 AM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

oh, more flowers, beautiful! have a great time at the concert :)

4/28/2007 1:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great get-away-mini-trip!

4/28/2007 3:56 PM  
Blogger JC said...

thanks guys!

amy - no kegger, just a hooker and some blow.

the concert was great. front row center. in n out burger pre-show. i'll post more later, i must now go to sleep for 4 hours before getting up to go to the airport. crap!

4/29/2007 3:13 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

oh man I love cactus flowers! Nice job JC!!

4/29/2007 9:48 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

air air air air

4/30/2007 4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI JC! I love all your flower pics. I am envious of all your concert trips. I haven't been blogging but I am always reading you!

5/01/2007 9:35 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

you have a trader joe's? oh wait you're in arizona. nice cacti! my favorite plants.

5/03/2007 12:39 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I have some tracks of Air in concert. They sound a lot of fun live. Some funny banter between tracks, all in those delicious french accents. Hope it was fun.

5/05/2007 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home