Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Yep, I'm a Sicko

Ugh. So Sunday I started getting a sore throat and yesterday it was hurting quite a bit. I actually didn't feel bad except for the throat, so I thought I would go ahead and try to get in my half hour on the Nordictrack last night. Maybe that wasn't such a hot idea. I seemed to feel OK when I was exercising, but things seemed to go downhill after that. I started feeling like I had a slight fever (I couldn't confirm this since I couldn't find my thermometer). All my energy was sapped. By the time I went to bed I had pretty much decided that at the very least I would be going to work late today.

I took my last remaining old-school Nyquil caplets, and slept pretty well. I woke up around 6 to call in and tell my boss that I was not coming in unless I started felling better later. I went back to sleep and ended up staying in bed until about 10, which made it a nice cozy 12 hour rest! When I finally got up again, I was feeling kind of achy. I took some Tylenol though, and it seems to have helped. I've had no trouble eating today. I think all things considered at this point I'm actually feeling pretty good. I'm a big believer in the echinacea and zinc (even though they haven't seemed to help me much the last 2 times I got sick), so I've been hitting those. I went and bought a thermometer today, and my temperature read normally (but the reading was rectal, so maybe I should try oral this time. And I am so totally kidding on the rectal thing!). So, I think I have probably dodged a bullet this time as far as getting really sick.

I'm planning to go in to work for the first half of tomorrow. My flight for my trip leaves around noon, so I will be leaving work early. I'm going to be that jerk on the plane that gets everyone else sick. The actual where of my trip isn't all that exciting, I'm going to Arizona. The "why" is more exciting, but I'll leave that for another post later in the week. Sorry kiki!

Today's cake ingestors:

10 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

The rectal thermometer thing always reminds me of "move ic move ic" when Melman gives Marty his first thermometer - and tells him it's rectal after Marty already has it in his mouth.

I have no idea how we keep ending up sick at the same time. Stop sending me email viruses!

4/24/2007 6:40 PM  
Blogger Chickytava said...

Hey, you're starting to sound like the grandparents in Sixteen Candles. Ohhh, corns are killing me, and the arthritis, yes, and my back... ooo... you're too young to be sick this much!

4/24/2007 8:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am afraid that there wont be a living soul in Arizona because all of the "Zonies" have made their way here to vacation.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

4/24/2007 8:37 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

who are you visiting?

have a great trip!

4/24/2007 9:22 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

Ugh, sounds too much like what I had. Maybe I passed you some germs over the internet. Sorry. Heh.

Hope you keep feeling better!

I like your SPC for this week, but I'm going to say that here instead of there because I need to get off this thing and go sleep.

4/24/2007 11:34 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Hope you get a chance to relax and recuperate on your trip! Feel better.

4/24/2007 11:58 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

rule is not to exercise when you're ill or feeling bad :) have a great trip!

4/25/2007 3:20 AM  
Blogger JC said...

h - you were sick first! So it's your fault.

ct - I didn't know I was sounding that bad. I don't get sick that much actually.

amy - Good, that means more In N Out burgers for me. No Zonies are required for what I wish to accomplish!

pg - I am visiting my parents, but that's not really the reason for my trip. Cryptic enough for ya?

Thanks Deb!

Thanks Anna!

Thanks Vedrana!

4/25/2007 9:15 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

you are sneaky.

4/25/2007 1:48 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

sick again? what's up with that? is this the worst year for sickness ever? i feel you! hope you're feeling better, no, BEST, soon!

5/03/2007 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home