Friday, April 13, 2007

Agita

There's been much agitation this week. Being tired is a part of it, but not the whole story. Yesterday I was fairly well-rested and yet I still ended up being cranky starting in the late afternoon. I think a big part of why hit me just now when I was thinking about it. I hate being controlled. I feel like my life lately has been controlled by lots of things other than me - the clock, school, work. And it's pissing me off. I want to do something that I want to do for a change dammit! I realize that life can't be just one big goof-off session, but I can't do stuff I don't want to do all the time. I need to be more patient. In May I will have more free time (best not to think about June for now). Patience has never been one of my strong points, however. The only other thing I can think of is recalibrating my expectations. If I don't expect to be able to do what I want to do all the time, then maybe it won't frustrate me so much. I don't see that one happening. I better concentrate on the patience angle. Maybe it will help to take a few moments for myself this weekend. All of this is small potatoes when I think about what other people I know are going through right now too.

On a different note, the same day that I posted about the color-shifting car I saw one of those Mary Kay cars on the way home. Pretty cool (you know, exept for being pink and all).

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I want the color shifting car. It reminds me of the horses from the Wizard of Oz. At first I thought you were saying you saw Mary Kate Olsen riding in one of those cars... I'm reading crazy.

I have to send you something via email - I just remembered!!

4/14/2007 1:58 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

It's hard. It's hard to balance. Going to school and working is difficult. It's really difficult. (I'm a girl of simple words tonight)

But you're doing school to get to a point where you will enjoy what you're doing. Am I right, or am I just taking these wild guesses?
So yeah. be patient, but try to set aside a little time every day. You have to be consistent, and then it becomes second nature. You have to allow yourself to, for example take a walk.
I was going going to say take a hike, but that makes me sound mean and brother that's not me.
I think I'm rambling.
Did you get bad storms? We're preparing for a perfect storm.

4/14/2007 8:01 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I want a color-shifting car too. But not a pink one.

4/15/2007 12:05 AM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

maybe you should try to find just 5 minutes for yourself a day...and look forward to more free time in future :)
btw thanks for the lovely comments!

4/15/2007 8:20 AM  
Blogger luzie said...

Whoa, I couldn't have written that post any better. I can SO relate. I only came back on Friday night and got sucked into the school/work routine again in no time.

4/15/2007 2:14 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I'll take the pink one - but I would like for it to shift to the following colors in this sequence:

pink/violet/lime/royal blue/yellow/fuschia/orange/red/pink

4/15/2007 5:32 PM  
Blogger JC said...

pg - thanks. You're right, that's my goal, so that's why I have to be patient. I do need to take more walks. We did get storms Friday night, there was a tornado that started in Ft. Worth and skipped its way east to Dallas and beyond. Luckily that's about 30 miles south of here. I can't believe that same storm is now messing up the Northeast!

v - thanks! I wish my hair was as nice as yours.

luzie - I'm sure you can defintely relate!

h - the one I saw just goes from pink to white. Better than nothing though!

4/15/2007 5:58 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

patience is not my strong point either, but i think i've gotten better as i've gotten older. maturity does have some perks. here's sharing some patience with you......

5/03/2007 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home