Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Bluebonnets 2: This Time It's Personal

I've been having some really whacked-out dreams lately. Among the highlights have been me eating a squid sandwich which suddenly comes to life and my parents' dog speaking my name in a raspy voice. The night after the squid sandwich dream I actually described the sandwich coming to life in the dream I was having that night! Weird. And I actually have had a squid sandwich in real life. It was in San Diego. It was OK, I mostly just got it so I could say that I've eaten a squid sandwich.

Here are some more bluebonnet photos. I actually used up all the photos on my 1GB memory card, which came out to be about 250 pictures! But don't worry, I won't show you all of them! Maybe half. Kidding!

I got another lesson in the fact that if you see something you want to take a picture of, do it right away, don't wait. At one point I got out of my car and was walking along the road to get some shots. Up ahead there was a guy who had a canvas on an easel and was doing a painting. I thought it would be cool to get a photo of him painting. I was a little weirded-out about asking him if I could take his photograph, so I decided to walk past him and then ask him on the way back. So I just said "hi" and walked past him. I went past him a good bit, but before I could pass him on the way back, he packed up his stuff and scrammed! So remember kids, never pass up a photo opportunity, because it may be gone for good if you do.

Today I'm off to Fort Worth again for work, so I'm in for lots of car time. Unfortunately that also means no computer while I'm at work!









Indian paintbrush

That's the edge of the road on the left, the flowers come right up to the edge of the road in some spots. Luckily there wasn't much traffic, and what there was, slowed down.

Indian paintbrush




This picture in and of itself is not that great, but what I like about it is that in the upper right center of the picture you can see downtown Dallas off in the distance (click on it if you want to see it better). It's about 25 miles away, but it felt much further than that. You can see a really long way when it's flat as a pancake!



Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

I like the dream with the dog talking to you.
In the pic where there is water, was that once a lake and it's drying up?

I still love the pics with poppies in the bluebonnets. So very pretty!

4/04/2007 8:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We actually force everyone that visits San Diego to consume a squid sandwitch. I went around that rule by moving here....whew that was close.

4/04/2007 3:28 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

These are really great shots! I love the blue-bonnets and the poppies. I just love this time of the year. Finally, in Maryland, the trees are in bloom and some of my favorite flowers are bloomed. I will post later.

4/04/2007 5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blue bonnets! Such pretty pictures.. I especially love the last one with the spots of red i the photo.

4/04/2007 5:58 PM  
Blogger JC said...

pg - no, it's just a pond.

a - are you serious or are you joking? If you're serious that's one of the coolest things I've ever heard!

bj - thanks, can't wait to see your pics!

n - thanks!

4/05/2007 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home