Tuesday, March 27, 2007

One Good Stink Deserves Another

I’ve had it with Baby Powder Man (basically boils down to: baby powder on a baby? Fine. Baby powder on a 45 year old man? Gag inducing). Both on Friday and yesterday I was driven to the point of near gagging, even holding my nose and breathing through my mouth sometimes. That’s it, it’s time to fight stink with stink. Yesterday at lunch I went out and bought one of those Renuzit air fresheners, you know the ones with the plastic cover over that weird, Jello like goop? I sampled every scent available (it has to be something I can smell all day and not get grossed out by). It pretty much came down to “tropical melon” or “clean laundry”. I’m now rocking the office tropical melon style, and it’s totally drowning out baby powder narstiness. I bet everyone is wondering why it smells like cantaloupe up in here, but they’ll just have to deal.

On an unrelated note, why didn’t I get to see David Lynch selling coffee at Central Market on Sunday? Aw, man. And BTW, David Lynch coffee? What the?

If you see any of these people, wish them a happy birthday:

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

Tropical melon...the thought and the smell is making me laugh. I hate those air fresheners, but baby powder man must be worse.

I can't believe Lynch in a grocery store?! This would be me-"I need to go and get some ice cr.....WTF" and I would drop my basket.

Aww..Michael York. I used to have a crush on him because in high school they kept showing us Romeo and Juliet every year.

3/27/2007 6:44 PM  
Blogger Chickytava said...

I think your office mate is wearing John Paul Gaultier cologne. It smells exactly like baby powder. I smelled it on a guy on the bar on St. Patrick's Day, and I knew it a mile away. I tracked him down with my nose and asked if he was wearing that, and lo and behold... I was right!

As for Air, I would LOVE to see the show, but that is the weekend before finals (and my thesis presentation) here, and there's just no way I'm going to be able to leave my apartment for more than an hour or two (like, the whole weekend). :-(

3/28/2007 1:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I feel pukey just thinking of baby powder man....Fight the powers that be with your tropical melon.

3/28/2007 9:21 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

HOLY CRAP - you missed David Lynch??? I would have piled in the car and driven like a bat out of hell to be there. I have an original sketch (with handwritten changes) for Fire Walk With Me - along with way too much other Lynch KEEEERAP. that man is a genius!!

I know people who have complained to management about other employees being overly scented - tell someone it kicks on a migraine. Baby Powder Man must GO!!!

I'm laughing that your "area" (make gestures here) smells like a canteloupe. Or as Faith calls it.. a smile.

3/28/2007 11:08 AM  
Blogger JC said...

ct - for some reason that makes it little more tolerable, but the melon will be staying.

h - I didn't know that Lynchie-poo was going to be there, I only found out the next day. And I don't think they announced it, he just showed up. He's one of my favorite directors.

3/28/2007 3:34 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Tropical melon in a bathroom has to be better than baby powder, gah. I think that smell would remind me of diapers.

3/28/2007 7:46 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

i was going to suggest that you counteract the baby powder scent with gold bond. the medicated kind may even have a stronger odor. one of my friends used to work in an office where she'd find baby powder sprinkled all over the toilet seat in the women's restroom. pretty gross.

3/30/2007 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home