Monday, March 26, 2007

Even Toothbrushes Need A Home

As any of you that read her blog know, my friend Holli has recently taken to crafting with pottery in a big way. The classic rock cupcake mugs are flying off the shelves! Holli wanted to give me something pottery-like, and she asked what I wanted. When I heard her mention "toothbrush holder" I was immediately sold. Why? Well, this is all rather embarrassing and inexplicable in retrospect, but my "toothbrush holder" consisted of laying my toothbrush on top of a 15 year old (at least), empty can of Right Guard deodorant (see first picture below). What the hell is wrong with me? It all started in college I guess. Buying a toothbrush holder just wasn't high on the priority list when I went away to college. Still doesn't explain why I didn't get one when I got a job and my own place after college. Guys just don't pay that much attention to toothbrush holders.

However, now I am the proud owner of my very own toothbrush holder. And the best part is that it was painted by my favorite toddler in the whole wide world - Faith. She describes her work as "a little man wearing a hat". Sounds good to me. And it's even "signed"! Thanks Holli and Faith!

OK, for some reason I was oblivious all these years to how gross this was. I guess I justified it by the fact that the bristles didn't touch the narsty part of the deodorant lid.


New, improved, toothbrush storage method. AKA Little Man Wearing a Hat.

It's even signed!

OK, take a deep breath for today's birthdays (but don't hold it):

9 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

The little man wearing a hat?! How cute is that, and thank heavens Holli brought you out of strange bachelorhood routine.
I'll always think of James Caan as Sonny getting shot driving through-was it the Long Island Espressway tollbooth? There are way too many b'days. Kenny really freaks me out, in a bad way. Oh but yay for Chris Elliot's dad!

3/26/2007 6:54 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I love your toothbrush holder and think it looks very good on your counter especially now that you've gotten rid of that narsty deodorant can....do they even make spray deodorant anymore??

3/26/2007 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long time no see JC. I am so happy you have a toothbrush holder. Hooray for you.. Holli and Faith really are good friends. Your a grown up now.
Happy Bday Bob Woodard. I Love him.

3/26/2007 8:37 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

That deodorant set-up was definitely unsanitary. Welcome to the wonderful (and expansive) world of bathroom accessories!

3/26/2007 8:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you have as much fun with your toothbrush holder as I do with my mug! If you are so inclined take your holder around town and take pics. My mug loved "mugging" for the camera!

3/26/2007 8:57 PM  
Blogger Chickytava said...

That was the ultimate Secret Single Behavior.

3/27/2007 1:22 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

We love that you love the little man in a hat!!! Faith loves looking at the picture of you holding it. She thinks you're happy BECAUSE of the little man in a hat. She's all prepared to make matching accessories, so we just need to know what other horrors are lurking in your bathroom. Don't answer that.

You didn't show his face!! That is the cutest part. His mouth looks like a duck bill or something. I honestly think that goes on record as being the first "face" Faith has ever painted on her own. So you own a Faith first!!

xoxoxo

3/27/2007 2:47 AM  
Blogger JC said...

pg - That was my first thought about James Caan too, the tollbooth shooting in GF1. And I'm really impressed you know who Bob Elliott is, I didn't think anyone would. Chris Elliott was on Letterman last Friday, it's been forever since I've seen him.

kiki - that's a good point, I'm not sure they make it anymore. I should sell the can on ebay!

anna - It's expansive? Oh s*&%!

amy - that's a good idear, I liked the pictures you took with your mug.

h - I'll put up a pic of his face (actually didn't know he had one until now!)

3/28/2007 3:40 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

sigh. yup. that was nasty. but so nice that your friend made you a toothbrush holder. she's a keeper!

3/30/2007 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home