Saturday, March 17, 2007

They're Always After Me Lucky Charms

First things first. I turned the blog green for the weekend to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. So happy St. Patrick's Day!

I guess it was heartburn yesterday because I'm still here. And heartburn-free at the moment.

I have really felt lately like I wanted to get into exercising again. About a year ago I quit running because of knee pain. I've been walking a lot lately, but it just isn't the same as running. I wanted something that would give that feeling like I had accomplished something again. It would also be good to have something I can do when the weather doesn't want to cooperate. We have a small workout facility at work, but it seems like kind of a hassle to go there. If you work out in the middle or beginning of the day you have to bring clothes to change into and take a shower (or smell most of the day). If you workout at the end of the day the traffic just gets worse and worse the longer you are there.

I thought that a Nordictrack might work well with my knee, but I found out that new Nordictracks are very expensive! So, I looked around on ebay and found a decent one for a much lower price. So I spent some more of my tax refund and bought one. I finally put it together on Thursday and have used it the last 2 days. It's kind of tough to get back into the habit of working out, but I really want to do it. It's good to "feel the burn" again. I'm hoping this thing will work out and I can make exercising a regular part of my life again.

If you see any of these people, wish them a happy birthday!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

Happy St.Pat's. I am named after the man himself. (Well Dad expected me to be a boy, so I got the next best thing) It's a music birthday day! Woo hoo-go Ivins. I saw him when he had a fro a long time ago. Yay for you and the nordic. I was going to suggest rower. Are you a March Aries or an April?

3/17/2007 4:09 PM  
Blogger luzie said...

Happy St Patrick's Day. I remember having green Miller's in Philly three years ago (which didn't taste so nice but it looked good!). Time flies!

Good luck with the exercising.. if only I could get my lazy self to move a little more, too..

3/17/2007 5:50 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

We have one in our living room. I've been standing on it. That's about it.

Happy greenies day to ya!

3/17/2007 11:56 PM  
Blogger JC said...

pg - I thought about a rower too, I may get one at some point to change things up. I'm going to keep the birthday info to myself. Must keep it a secret.

l - I can't believe you actually drank Miller! I'm sure you're used to the good stuff back home.

h - Thanks! Hope you had a good weekend!

3/19/2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

I don't want the day silly-I bet you're an April-I'm an April.

3/19/2007 4:26 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

doesn't getting old suck? can you imagine what our blogs will be like when we're in our 80s or 90s? hernias, bypass surgeries, and hip replacements, oh my!

3/20/2007 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home