Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Everything's Better With Bluebonnets On It

I actually meant to do a post yesterday, but I just ran out of time. Yesterday I was on a roll. Both Friday and Saturday night I got 9 hours of sleep, which was great. Sunday night I only got about 6 and a half, which was not great, but I was still full of energy and I did a bunch of schoolwork yesterday. I still have more to do, however.

There's something weird going on with my head. I was on the verge of headache Friday, Saturday, and late Sunday. Yesterday I was fine up until right before bed when I started getting a headache. I took some Tylenol right before bed, but when I woke up at 3:48 and I still had a headache, I went and popped an Imitrex. My headache is gone now. I don't know what's going on, it's unusual for me to have headaches this frequently. I wonder if there's something in my house that is causing me to get these headaches, or maybe somehow it's related to all the pollen in the air. I don't seem to be sneezing a lot but I have had to take some antihistamine the last few days.

Sunday I went out in search of bluebonnets. I have seen a few in the Dallas area, and the blooming starts earlier towards the south, so I knew there was a good chance of seeing some. It looks like this year will be a really good one for wildflowers here. It all depends on how much winter rainfall there is and what the ground temperatures are like. Last year was kind of a bust due to the drought.





The bluebonnet is the official flower of Texas, for what that's worth.




In the far background of this photo, you can see a big field of Indian paintbrush. I couldn't get closer to it because it was on private land.


Here is a closeup of some Indian paintbrush. Check out the giant bee near the center of the frame!

People like to go out here and take pictures of their kids lolling around in the bluebonnets. There were actually a lot of people around when I took this, but the field was so big it was easy to leave them out of the shot.

I wish you could do scratch 'n' sniff on the Infranets. These smelled so nice, and there was a lot of wind so you got a very pleasant-smelling breeze.



This little patch had the poppies mixed in, and I think some prairie verbena.







More T/K later.
The people lovingly and tenderly shoving cake into their own mouths today are:


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

Oh so pretty. It looks like a lovely day. Scratch and sniff-you may be on to something.

Since when is being a vegatarian a risk factor?

Hmmm...the headaches? Stress from school and work? Is your office newish?(new plastics that sort of thing) I guess I'm wondering if you have pollutants around-like driving home and getting too much car exhaust. I'm trying to purify my life, so these are all factors.

4/03/2007 11:12 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

This tells me if I ever visit Texas for real (I've been from the Houston airport to Galveston and back again - that's it!) I need to visit in the spring to see the fields of bluebonnets. Those are spectacular!!

4/03/2007 12:52 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

Beautiful! I really love pics like this, So natural and pretty.

4/03/2007 4:22 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I always wanted to get Faith and Nate out in the bluebonnets to take some pictures, but the one year nobody would go with me. Dammit - I wish I knew it was that time.

Maybe getting out among all the flora is what is giving you headaches? Although my head has been out of control, so it's more likely the air pressure round here.

4/03/2007 10:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I blame the headaches on baby powder guy....in fact I think that I will blame everything bad in the world on him and his creepy stink

4/03/2007 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home