Friday, March 30, 2007

Fight The Power

Today has been a real knockout, dragout with Baby Powder Man. His evil stench was particularly strong today, so I cranked open the melon air freshener quite a bit this morning. BPM may have gotten the best of me today though, because now I feel a headache coming on. It's been a real baby powder beatdown. You may have won the battle BPM, but I'm going to win this war!

Speaking of headaches, I've been getting more than my fair share lately. In fact I just had to take some of my migraine medicine last night when I got home from work. I'm hoping that it's attributable to the fact that I haven't been getting enough sleep lately. That's one of my resolutions that I've been struggling with. I'm just like the rest of you - there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do. I can't even imagine what it would be like if I had children! I don't know what the answer is. Maybe it's planning my day better or dropping some of the things I like to do. I'm not sure, but I've just got to get more sleep.

And now for something completely different. On the way to work this morning I saw two of the worst bumper stickers I've ever seen. They were both real WTF experiences. The first one said "Say No To Cheap Cargo" and the other one said "Jetskiing Is Not A Crime". You know, I really don't give a shit about the opinions of total strangers so I would prefer to see no bumper stickers at all, but if you must apply one at least make it over an issue that is worth the trouble. Cheap cargo? Jetskiing? Who cares?! I wasted valuable reading time on those stickers! You know what? Douchebaggery Is A Crime, and you sirs, are under arrest.

Whew, good thing I'm at home now.

Here's some pictures of some strange-looking clouds I took last week:











These people may have been jamming cake into their pieholes today:

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger paintergirl said...

You're home AND it's friday.And you can sleep.
I was at the unholy wal-mart today. (My soul gets sucked out of me there) and I came across your melon freshener. I laughed out loud. It probably sounded like Mrs. Krabappel.

Nice pretty pink clouds.

Cargo?

3/30/2007 6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if this a WTF bumper sticker but it was pretty stupid. Just saw it yesterday
"I break for hacky sackers.."

3/30/2007 8:21 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I feel for you, JC. I cannot stand it when people put too much cologne/perfume/whatever on. It's incosiderate! And the fact that it's baby powder makes it all the worse. Seriously. What man (or woman, for that matter) wants to smell like essence of baby? I don't get it. I recommend a run-by dousing with a bucket of water. Or anonymous notes. Or both.

3/30/2007 10:16 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

Well - I like the scent of baby powder on a baby! But for gawds sake, why would a grown man wear baby powder....unless his chaffing(spelling) is out of control and then by gawd, he needs to...to...to...well, I don't know. Can't you just tell him to knock off wearing the BP? Or like someone else said, give him a good dousing with a bucket of water!

4/01/2007 4:09 PM  
Blogger Stepping Over the Junk said...

I saw a bumper sticker that said "WTF?" and then had a picture of our president on it.

I hate migraines. Not sleeping enough or on a consistent time schedule brings them on for me, along with not drinking enough water and eating too much Easter candy. (which begins after January!)

Hope they stop for you.

4/02/2007 4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home