Monday, April 02, 2007

SPC - I Has Nipple



Why do men have nipples? No really, I don't get it. I thought they were for nursing, right? And men don't lactate, so what are they for? Hold on a sec, let me Google this. Here's one answer. Good 'ol Cecil. Salon chimes in here. Seems to be pretty much the same answer. There's even a book! Wow, I bet you didn't know you'd get the answer to one of life's mysteries here today.

The theme for this month's Self Portrait Challenge is "The Body". I must admit that this is a topic that I'm probably not all that comfortable with, but I'm not quite sure why. Is it because I don't think my body lives up to some impossible standard of beauty, or do I just feel too vulnerable putting these pieces of me out there for all to see? I don't know, but I think this month may be a good time for me to explore some of these issues and maybe learn something about myself.

To see other takes on the theme, click here.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

So the answer is there is no answer. Or did I not read far enough.

I'm glad you have nipple - I was ready for three or something.

4/02/2007 11:50 PM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

interesting :) good question & portrait. i hope you'll take the best of this theme

4/03/2007 6:04 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Hey my son just asked me this.
"Because everyone does" was my reply.

This is a good portrait. I don't know how comfortable anyone feels about showing bits and pieces of oneself to the world. But hey you have nip.

4/03/2007 7:58 AM  
Blogger Jeremy Stockwell said...

Hey -- why didn't you and BZ send the other guy in SPC the memo that we were supposed to post a nip-pic this week??

4/03/2007 11:28 AM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I've wondered about the male nipple thing too, so thanks for doing the research. :-)

I'm not lovin' this month's theme either, but oh well..we'll manage.

4/03/2007 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pic JC.. I am proud of you for taking a picture of something (that be teet)that was out of your comfort zone. I hope to be as brave..

4/03/2007 4:46 PM  
Blogger Miriam said...

Maybe man evolved from woman and the nipple is a leftover moment from that, like the tail? :);)

4/03/2007 5:44 PM  
Blogger jess said...

i think you'd look stupid without it.

you should maybe shave some of the hair off it..get a better look.

4/03/2007 10:38 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

LOL - JESS!!

And Jeremy, if there was a memo about nipple posting - why were you ripping off your thumb?

I say just shave off the nip.

4/03/2007 10:49 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I don't care much for the word nipple. I think it would look really weird if they weren't there, but then if men never had them, maybe we would think it looked weird with. I really like this self portrait.

4/03/2007 11:51 PM  
Blogger Georgia said...

I didn't check your links... but in case it was not in there... Men actually CAN lactate!!!!! I know... weird. Weird but true, and in some cultures they even use their lactating abilities to nurse the babies. Google it, I kid you NOT!

~Georgia

4/04/2007 9:19 AM  
Blogger kimmy said...

yeah, this topic makes me a wee uncomfortable but I guess that means I need to dig deeper flush it out some :)

nice nip !

4/04/2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger Intrepidflame said...

Sorry about the memo. Feels wierd showing off the ole man nip huh? I am curious where we are all going to go next week.

4/05/2007 6:01 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

hey congrats on being spc pic!

4/11/2007 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home