Thursday, April 05, 2007

A Bit of a Pain In Me Gulliver

The headaches continue, I don't know what the hell is going on! I got another one yesterday. At least I already have an appointment with my neurologist next week. The fact that I got one yesterday even though I was at a completely different office would seem to rule out Baby Powder Man as the cause (although his funk definitely doesn't help when I'm close to a headache). Lack of sleep is usually my biggest cause of headaches, but Friday and Saturday night I got plenty of sleep and still had marginal headaches. But sometimes sleeping under a different schedule can cause them too, so maybe that's why I still had problems last weekend.

I don't think it's anything environmental in my office since I have been working here since last June and didn't have any problems until recently and nothing seems to have changed around here. I think at the moment I'm leaning towards the cause being either: reaction to all the pollen/mold/crap present in the air lately, the antihistamine I have been taking several days recently, or chocolate. Chocolate could be a factor because it is known to give some people migraines, and there is an abundant supply at work that I have been hitting pretty regularly lately. And there was also some chocolate at the other work location yesterday. So, I will be abstaining from the chocolate to see if that helps. Today I am OK so far.

Now I better go do some homework.

Today's cake munchers:

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I believe that you need a big dose of chicken pants fire corn...

4/05/2007 2:59 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Well lucky you - I can't get into a neurologist. I have been trying for months. I'm getting really upset about it too.

Yes, we all need chicken pants fire corn!!!

4/05/2007 3:01 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Gulliver? Is that A Clockwork Orange? Eeeexcellent. The book, not the headache. Do you take anything regularly? Like Imitrex? I hear it does nothing at all for some people but helps others. Hope you are in the latter category and that you feel better soon. The wild flowers won't be blooming much longer, so you need to get out there!

4/05/2007 4:20 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

Oh jc-chocolate could be it. It has some strong chemicals.I'm glad you're going to a neurologist. I never knew what the heck a migraine was until I was pregnant. Then I had one every afternoon for 2 months. I'm guessing it was the high blood pressure I had from the baby. I feel for you because I know that pain.
Hey who famous has my birthday? I know Maya Angelou.

4/05/2007 6:42 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

This from Karen:

since JC doesn't allow anonymous comments, tell him that allergies are probably the cause of his headaches. I have them daily at this time of year and the doctor told me that seasonal allergies are one of the biggest causes of migraines.

and of course i refuse to believe that chocolate could ever be a problem. ;)

4/05/2007 7:37 PM  
Blogger JC said...

h - when you come down you can make chicken pants fire corn! And tell Karen thanks for the tip!

anna - yep, you nailed it! That is from Clockwork Orange, I'm rather fond of saying that when I have a headache. I do take Imitrex, and it helps me 99% of the time. Here lately though I've had a couple of days where I had to take 2 pills in one day, and another time where I had to take pills on 2 consecutive days, both of which are unusual for me. Hopefully it's just the allergies.

pg - I feel so bad that I didn't do birthdays on your birthday! I may have to do a special one just for you. David Cross shares your birthday!

4/05/2007 8:45 PM  
Blogger REENblack said...

Man, a neurologist?! I've had headaches/migraines since I was about 12...my last three docs (thats what happens when you go to a military clinic) have put me on several different kinds of daily meds to try to prevent them (which in the last four years have done little to help). I've also been on several drugs to help when they come on...the most recent being Imitrex, which surprisingly has helped more than others--sometimes it does nothing, other times it helps right away, but if I take two in one day I'm out! And although I get them all month for who knows what reasons, my current doc seems to think they are purely due to my cycle! Are you kidding me?! What a moron.

I hope you have better docs than me 'cause I know how painful they are and how desperately I want to be free of them!!!

4/06/2007 1:37 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

David Cross?!! You are kidding me. I have to respect a man who could play Tobias. I did not like Mr. Cross at first, his humor has grown on me over the years.

4/06/2007 8:14 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I think it's the allergies causing such migraines....it's the WORST its been in years. But chocolate does it too - especially as you come down from your chocolate high. I hope that it's an easy explanation, sorry you're feeling crappy.

4/06/2007 9:21 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I love the David Cross bit about the cake with gold chocolate. Has anyone else heard that?

I need to figure out the whole trip schedule. And stock up on the chicken pants fire corn!!! You will LUFF IT!! I will also make Holli's Famous Spaghetti. We will invite Anna over and she will immediately keel over from chemical overload/unhealthy food consumption. But she said she will eat anything!

4/06/2007 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home