Sunday, April 15, 2007

Recuperation

Saturday was just what the doctor ordered. I goofed off all damn day. In the morning I went to see Grindhouse. I thought it was great. I was very surprised by Freddy Rodriguez's ability to pull off that role convincingly. He always looks like such a pipsqueak when I've seen him before, but I thought he was great as an action hero. And how did they do those amazing stunts in "Death Proof"? Wow. CGI effects just can't hold a candle to stunts done "for real" like the ones in that segment of the film. You can always tell when it's real, and it makes such a big sphincter-tightening, edge-of-your-seat difference. My favorite fake "prevue" was "Machete", although I also liked "Don't". Yesterday I also finally squeezed in another workout (OK, not goofing off but I was doing something that I wanted t0!) Actually today has been pretty loosey-goosey too, so I guess I'm ready to tackle another week.

Have you all seen the Alanis Morisette parody of "My Humps"? I actually find it quite haunting, I can't get it out of my head. Here 'tis:




Today's cake gorgers (wow, what a slow day!):

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

With a redneck father (he has his name on his bass boat) HeeHaw was a requirement...if I didnt have bad luck I'd have no luck at all....

4/15/2007 6:41 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

OMG, that was pretty odd!

4/15/2007 9:09 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

So which part did you like better, Planet Terror or Death Proof?

I refuse to watch that video again because I JUST got that song out of my head a couple of days ago after having it running through my mind for nearly a week. I'm afraid just typing this might be sticking it to my brain again.

4/16/2007 12:07 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

If there was a repeat of Lawrence Welk, we would watch Hee Haw.(I had a very well balanced musical upbringing.)

Glad to hear you goffed off. It's good for the soul.

One time for Alanis is enough for me.

4/16/2007 8:34 AM  
Blogger JC said...

A - I used to really look forward to Hee Haw at 6PM every Saturday. My how things have changed, I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch Hee Haw now. I think children are easily impressed!

Deb - I knew that song was catchy! I've been thinking about this all day - I think I liked Planet Terror better. I found the dialogue in Death Proof a little strained. The whole car chase part was incredible though - really had me on the edge of my seat. How about you?

pg - My gramma used to watch Lawrence Welk. That was a different era.

4/16/2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

what is goffed off?
um-yeah my parents were of that generation.

4/16/2007 4:33 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I'm dying to see Grindhouse - maybe this weekend as we've got a sitter!
I love the Alanis video, especially when she's crying and freaking out - pretty inspired me thinks.
I watched Lawerence Welk every weekend with my grandma - Bobby had all the moves.

4/16/2007 5:22 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

kiki-the crying part is the best. that is very funny, and tearing up the pillow.

4/16/2007 6:56 PM  
Blogger Deb R said...

I liked Death Proof better. I liked Planet Terror too, but it got a bit too "same-y" to me before the end of it. Despite the fact that it was only an hour and a half long (give or take), I'd still have liked to see RR trim 10 minutes or so of the more repetitive zombie stuff. Don't get me wrong though, I *did* like it...I just liked Death Proof better.

DP kept me guessing more about how it would turn out. To me, the meandering dialogue added to the tension because I wasn't sure where QT was going with it and what might or might not turn out to be important to the story later.

I SO want Grindhouse on DVD when it's released!! :-)

4/16/2007 9:51 PM  
Blogger Chickytava said...

I envy your lazy weekend. I am dicking around tonight though. Just because I can now.

4/16/2007 10:33 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

the Alanis Morisette parody of "My Humps" was eerily tori amos. whew.

5/03/2007 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home