Thursday, January 11, 2007

Is That A Summer Squash In Your Pocket Or Yada, Yada, Yada...

Here are a few more pictures from Christmas vacation, as well as the requested fruit pictures.

I've always been fascinated by this light gizmo at my grandmother's house. It's made out of clear plastic cups and Christmas lights. It doesn't look like it would be that hard to make one, so you crafty types get crackin'.

This is a view of my grandmother's back yard from her dining room. I would hate to have to mow that yard like my dad used to. The front yard has a comparable slope.



Same view, different time of day.



I like this old McDonald's sign.

This is my bowl of fruit.

A better look at the bowl.

Here is a better view of the fruit. I'm not 100% sure what the one above the banana is, maybe a mango? I have seen a variety of yellow mango from Mexico. I think my favorite is the cantaloupe because of the seeds.

I also have a bowl of vegetables.

I love the onion and garlic. I was also fascinated by all the varnished breads and pastries that I saw in Mexico. I considered having a bowl of donuts, but I thought that would just make me crave donuts all the time so I didn't buy any.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

i love those light thigns! i've always wanted one/wanted to make one. maybe this year?

1/11/2007 12:00 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

You took a photo of the fruit!! Cool man and veggies to boot. Definitely cool. I always really liked plastic sushi too. And now let's talk about your groovy red retro kitchen chairs. I used to have some (not as nice)but gave them to my niece. Lot's of things are given away when we move.

1/11/2007 12:37 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

And how could I not comment on the mcdonalds sign. Design was so much better back then. I can still spot an old Burger Chef sign even if it's been painted over.

1/11/2007 12:39 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

The lights are great! You might want to give us non-crafty people a hint on how they are made.
Also, the fruit looks so cool. Liked your photo with the slice of watamellon! You're getting really good at this SPC thing.

1/11/2007 4:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, why no pics of granny or the rest of your clan?

1/11/2007 8:17 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I think I should get a bowl of fake cold cuts and freak out everyone who is conflicted about my vegetarianism.

1/11/2007 10:50 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I love the light thingy too! And we have one of the old mickadonalds signs here. Damn I'm hungry for mickadonalds immediately. I seriously wonder if anyone would notice if I busted out of here at 3AM.

1/12/2007 2:51 AM  
Blogger JC said...

pg - i was wondering if anyone would notice those chairs. not sure why i like them, but i do.

bj - thanks! i'm not sure how to make the light thing, someone outside the fambly made it and i've never really taken a good, close look at it.

anne - it freaks me out that you're freaked out! gramma tends to take her coffee in the den while watching "the view". ugh.

b - i don't want to put fambly pics on here in case they ever stumble across the blog. i vant to be somewhat anonymous.

michelle - i'll let you know if i ever see any fake cold cuts!

h - how was your filet o' fish?

1/12/2007 8:36 AM  
Blogger Vedrana M. said...

beautiful photos!

1/15/2007 5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home