Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Keeping Busy

I've been keeping pretty busy over the last few days, and in a stunning development one of these activities will actually result in me receiving some money. I did my taxes so I can get my refund as soon as possible. I received my W2 in the mail on Friday, so I figured I would go ahead and get that out of the way. Last year I got my refund via direct deposit about 3 weeks after I mailed the return, so I'm hoping for about the same this year.

I found a few jobs of interest on the federal jobs website, so I have been spending a lot of time over the last couple of days trying to get my applications in order for 2 jobs that close tomorrow. I finally have those ready to go and I will fax them tomorrow. These jobs don't pay much, but I'm finding it harder to be picky these days. The job search is still not showing much in the way of results. I got a phone message yesterday from a company that I had applied to in October. They had another opening come up and wanted to know if I was still interested. I called today to tell them yes, but I got voice mail. No one returned my call today, but hopefully I will hear back from them tomorrow. It's amazing how busy I feel these days even though I am not working.

I also wanted to wish Holli good luck with her new job that starts tomorrow. Things have been pretty hectic for her with the move and unpacking, and now she has contracted strep throat just in time to start her new job. I'm sending positive thoughts your way, Holli, and you have lots of people pulling for you!

3 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

I hope something pans out on the job front. I also need to get my paperwork in order for tax time ~ I've had it sitting by the computer for 2 weeks now. Maybe after I clean the house I can start that.....oh the fun of my life!!

2/01/2006 6:54 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

When I was job searching back in the day, it seemed like it took forever! But really the perfect job was just waiting on me! Just like a great job is out there waiting for you! I know it!

Everyone is so motivated with getting their taxes done! I need to get on the ball!

I bet Holli did great today!

And here is what I think about strep: PFZT!

xoxo

2/01/2006 3:47 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Karen,

I'm kind of making it up as I go along. Right now I'm thinking I will try to get a 'real' job, and if it's in engineering I will delay school by a semester or two to save up some money. However, this makes less sense the longer it takes me to find a decent job.

I will probably have to get at least something part time while I am in school, it may depend on whether I can get any financial aid or not. I'm also hearing that it would be good to get some library experience while I'm in school.

Anne - they didn't call me back yesterday or today. WTH? I guess I will start pestering them tomorrow.

2/02/2006 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home