Tuesday, January 24, 2006

GRE Final Scores

I was surprised to receive my official GRE scores in the mail today. I guess I didn't expect them to come so quickly. The 680 verbal score ended up being in the 95th percentile, and the 700 math score was in the 68th percentile. I was surprised to see that people generally score higher on the math section, I guess because that has always been more of a struggle for me personally. The essays turned out very well, I got a 5.5 overall on a scale of 0-6, which was in the 86th percentile. The 5.5 is an average of the 2 essays, so it looks like I got a 6 on one and a 5 on the other. I would be curious to know which essay received the higher score, but I don't think there's any way to find out.

Currently I am working on getting my first application completed so I can mail it tomorrow. I have to write a one to two page essay saying why I want to go into library science. I guess I need to get my 5.5 ass in gear!

7 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

Nice work and now your onto the next step which is the fun part really. Are there programs close-by that your interested in?

1/24/2006 5:24 PM  
Blogger JC said...

There is a program at a school about 30 miles from my house.

1/25/2006 9:27 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I knew you would do great - and you did!

I'm so proud of you!!

All that studying and worrying for nothing - PFTZ!!

:)

1/25/2006 11:20 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You kick ass JC!

1/25/2006 10:16 PM  
Blogger JC said...

North Texas. I was surprised to learn that there are only 55 programs in the US that are accredited by the American Library Association, and North Texas happens to be one of them.

1/26/2006 12:44 PM  
Blogger buffi said...

Hey you could check out Midwestern State in Wichita Falls, then when I move back there, you could hang out with my gang! My boys would get a kick out of you!

Wichita Falls...it's a thriving metropolis, I'll tell ya!

1/29/2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger JC said...

My aunt lived in Wichita Falls for about a year way back in 1980.

The only ALA accredited schools in Texas are UT, North Texas, and TWU.

2/02/2006 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home