Thursday, January 19, 2006

Helpful Hint Thursday

I've been inspired by Acumamakiki and an incident that took place this evening to do a Helpful Hint Thursday post. I realize that Thursday is almost over, but it isn't quite yet! My hint is a cure for hiccups that my mother claims to have invented. For years I thought my grandmother had invented this, but I recently talked to my mom about it and she claims authorship. Here's the hint: when you have the hiccups, go into the bathroom with a beverage and drink while you are peeing. I usually use water, but it works with beer too. I don't know how this works, but it has almost always done the trick for me. Tonight Holli got a case of the hiccups (probably too much 'root' beer) so I told her about this cure. She tried it - no more hiccups! I'd be curious to know if this works for anyone else out there.

6 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

That is a damn good hiccup cure and I'll have to try it. You've got me beat by the way, with the Helpful Hints....this one is MUCH better than the slew of ones I've posted.

1/20/2006 6:04 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Now everyone knows I drank while peeing!!!

Faith just fluffed.

1/20/2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger buffi said...

Wow that is an image I'll have in my head for a while. Thanks.

hahahhahahahahaha!

1/20/2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

I loved the line about it working with beer too. That is probably usually when I get hiccups. I hope I can remember to try this method! I shall report back to you!

1/20/2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hmmm now I'm imagining Holli drinking and peeing at the same time and it's pretty damn funny in a never nude kind of way.

1/21/2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I was peeing through my cutoffs!

1/24/2006 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home