Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Who Knew?

First off I have to share something funny about the end of my post yesterday. My sister was in the Peace Corps in Panama a few years ago. She worked with the Ngobe-Bugle native population there. Apparently the word for 'butthole' in Ngobe is 'hunu'. My sister told me that after learning this, she and one of the other volunteers that she worked with would laugh uncontrollably whenever someone would say in English: "Who knew?" So, I guess I'm just a butthole.

I spent several hours today doing practice math problems for the GRE. I am getting a better idea of some of my particular areas of weakness, which is good. Tomorrow I want to start practicing on some of the essays. Holli gave me the idea to bore you all with my efforts, so I am planning to post some of these essays. I'll try to clearly identify them so you can skip them if you want to.

3 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

All I know is, better you than me with that math! I'm so bad at math that I probably won't be able to help my girl with the homework, much less correct the mistakes!!Luckily my husband has a math brain and he can cover us.

1/05/2006 11:32 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I can't wait to grade them.. I think you have all the literary geniuses you need reading this blog to tear you to shreds.. and you should have ripped one out already today - so where the hell is it?

I thought it would be here first thing this morning.. but.. WHO KNEW????

1/05/2006 1:26 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Yeah, there's something weird going on with comments today. There are 5 comments on here, and I haven't gotten an email notification for any of them.

I've been procrstinating by doing more math practice this morning (I need that too), but the first essay will be up soon!

1/05/2006 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home