Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Jingle Balls

I didn't decorate for Christmas this year. I'm not sure why, but I just didn't feel like expending the energy. The last 2 years I put lights on my house and put up a tree. My grandmother bought me an ornament every year to go on her tree until I got a tree of my own. About 4 years ago I got all of my ornaments, which I have put on my tree the last couple of years. I have nothing against Christmas, I always enjoy the holidays. I tried to rationalize it by saying that I didn't want my electric bill to go up because of the lights, but I don't think I wanted to put them up anyway. I guess I'm kind of bummed about not being employed, maybe that's why I'm not feeling particularly festive. Maybe next year.

Side note: Anyone else want to slit their wrists whenever one of those Kiwi carpet cleaning commercials come on? Holy shit. Someone needs to be fired or flogged for these fucking commercials.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

If you don't decorate, you need to take a pic of the Grinchsters before they're gone.. or I'll try to remember to do that tomorrow.

I personally would rather put a bullet in my brain then hear that damned Vonage commercial one more time.

12/20/2005 5:53 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

I didn't decorate this year either...

I think that is a sweet sentiment about your grandma. I am going to steal that and do that with my grandkids if I am blessed enough to have them. xoxo

Also, your side note was too funny. BIG LOTS moment!

12/20/2005 7:02 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

The only reason I've decorated this year is because of my girl who LOVES rainbow lights and thinks that if we don't have a tree, than Santa doesn't come.

The only commercials I see these days are for drug companies and depends. It tells a lot about what time I'm watching and also, what type of shows.

12/20/2005 9:58 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Does that mean you've left Grandma's ornaments in the cupboard? Shame on you!!!

At least put them all in a large dish or on a tray with a few bits on tinsel. Quick easy and can look quite effective.

Pop along to my blog and see pics of my decs.

Have fun whatever you do.

12/21/2005 7:44 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

JC,
I hope you have a great job next year and can celebrate really well to make up for this one.

12/23/2005 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home