Thursday, December 08, 2005

Ice Ice Baby

Well, it finally got cold here. Whereas Saturday afternoon the high was 89, at this moment the temperature is 31. In addition to the cold we also got some ice yesterday afternoon that made driving a bit treacherous around here. Holli had asked me earlier in the day if I would be interested in watching 'Project Runway'. I'm always up for watching unstable people do unstable things on television, so of course I said yes. As the weather deteriorated Crazyworld let people leave early, so Holli came by to pick me up right after she picked up Faith (about 2 blocks away). It looked like I would be held prisoner in the Holliworld compound for the evening (although are you really a prisoner if you go willingly?).

A good time was had by all, watching bad (in a good way) TV. America's Next Top Model starring America's Sweetheart Tyra Banks. Then The Apprentice starring America's Other Sweetheart, Martha Stewart. Then Project Runway starring Germany's Sweetheart Heidi Klum. A very pregnant Heidi Klum I might add. At one point Heidi was wearing a pink dress, and Holli said she looked like a giant pink gumball. The 'I'm So LA' guy is definitely headed for a major meltdown. There was also some Oobi and Sesame thrown in for good measure.

Faith pretended to paint my nails and apply makeup to my face. And she ate like a champ as long as someone cheered every time she put food in her mouth. She started saying "bye bye broccoli" and "bye bye chicken" after each bite, which was pretty funny. I got quite the workout as Holli was taking a shower, because to keep Faith entertained I came up with the idea to run from the kitchen to the guest bedroom with one her blocks, and she would chase me. Then I would run back to the kitchen where it would start all over again. It did keep her entertained! So when Holli came back into the living room after her shower and asked if it was a little cold in the room, I had to say no - no, it wasn't. I got the opportunity to take Nate out for his pre-bedtime stroll since Holli could not move without waking up Faith. I'm glad Nate decided to take care of business fairly quickly, because it was damn cold out there and the wind blowing only made it worse!

I have to admit to being pretty sleep-deprived and punchy today. It's always difficult for me to sleep well the first night in a new place. I'm also extremely sensitive to light and need cave-like darkness to sleep well. There is a light outside one of the windows in the guest room that apparently is on all the time, giving the room a nice sickly-orange glow. At home I usually wear one of those sleep masks to keep myself from waking up at the crack of dawn. That used to be only a weekend thing, but right now it's more of an everyday thing since I don't actually have a need to get up extremely early. I did my best to compensate by draping one of the sleeves of my shirt over my eyes, and actually that worked surprisingly well!

Holli dropped me back at my place on her way to work, after the requisite stop at 'Buck (thanks for the mocha!). I waited in the car with Faith as Holli went inside to get coffee (we watched 'Madagascar' of course). There were a couple of police officers inside, and when the 'Buck employee asked Holli where 'the baby' was, Holli made a point to say loud enough for the officers to hear "In the car". To which both officers apparently responded "Unattended?!" I thought that was kind of funny.

10 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

Wait, wait, wait.. I said Heidi Klum looked like Bubble Yum and was Bubblelicious.

I thought the guy's t-shirt said "I'm so Gay?"

Oh goodie, so the sleep deprivation will fade after one night.. we'll see you this weekend!!

ALRIGHT!!!

12/08/2005 4:53 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Funny, I say "Bye bye brocholi too".

Oh, and none of us by that "spare bedroom" thing for a second.

12/08/2005 5:54 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Hehe, Micheele. (=

It does sound like fun and your new haircut is cute.

12/08/2005 6:47 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey, I apparently have lost all ability to recognize which homonym is which as in "by" or "Buy". It's truly frightening.

12/08/2005 8:01 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

There is no way Holli would share the big bed of pillows with Faith & JC. Faith would have the whole complex awake screaming.

Watch out for Faith learning to wax with tape fun to watch but no eyebrows is not a good look

12/09/2005 7:55 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

I love the hair cut! It is tres fabulous!

I must come to TX for a girls night!

12/09/2005 8:11 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Thanks for the compliments on the hair everyone.

Michelle - you're so cheeky!

12/09/2005 9:26 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

LOL at all of these comments - I just tried to quietly sneak into crazyworld, read these and laughed out loud at my desk!!

NEVERNUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/09/2005 10:28 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Nevernude for sure.

12/09/2005 12:52 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

I also read all this (amoung a variety of other thingg) at my desk at work... I think they might be onto me though when I am alone in here and am constantly laughing...

Here is what I say about that...BIG LOTS!!!

12/09/2005 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home