Monday, November 28, 2005

Obvious Man

I came to a stunning realization today. Okay, actually not stunning at all: I'm still sick and I have no business trying to run until I feel better. I tried to get outside and start on aerating my lawn, and I got pretty worn out. So, I think I need to rest a bit and drink plenty of fluids. About those winds last night, I saw on the news this morning that the maximum winds gusts here were about 55 miles an hour last night! The Christmas tree in downtown Fort Worth actually blew over from the high winds. On my way to the store last night I saw these power lines arcing. When the middle one would blow over and touch one of the other lines, there was a huge blue spark of electricity. It was really freaky.

I did finally get the scanner working. For some reason my computer wouldn't recognize any hardware plugged in to my USB 2.0 inputs. I had to switch the card over to a different PCI slot to get it to work. So, vacation pictures will be coming soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

Dammit - you're more sick because what fool would try to run in the cold air when it's blowing hard enough to blow over trees?? I will be home soon and I'll check on you. Stay inside and take care of yourself!!!

11/28/2005 5:57 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

How scary is that about the Christmas tree blowing over and causing blue electricity?

STAY INSIDE! It is rainy and nasty here, which I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have to brave bad hair days to work in. I would much rather listen to the rain in my pj's and watch Food TV all day.

Be safe and get better!

11/28/2005 6:23 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I hope you are resting up for sure and not running or doing anything else strenuous until you feel better.

11/28/2005 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home