Sunday, November 20, 2005

Weird Dream of the Week

I'm hoping that maybe this can be a semi-regular feature here. Sometimes I remember my dreams very vividly. And I do dream in color. If I have any interesting ones I'll try to post about them if I can remember enough. In any event, I had a strange dream last night that stuck with me.

In the dream I was at an Aimee Mann concert in Austin. It was being held in this weird high school gymnasium/cafeteria area. There weren't many people there. Aimee was being really political in her comments and talking about how much George Bush sucks, Iraq is a mistake, etc. The crowd really hated the comments and started booing. This seemed like it really pissed Aimee off so she started playing all these really obscure songs and seemed really angry about it. Then later she sang 'Guys Like Me' rather sarcastically while strolling around the crowd and getting in guys' faces cheesy-lounge singer style.

Damn, I have no idea what that means. Ironically Austin is probably the most liberal place in Texas, the crowd probably would have cheered. And Aimee doesn't make comments like that. I did really want her to sing that song when I saw her.

There's a good chance it doesn't mean anything. From what I understand no one really knows why people dream, but I saw one article that said that researchers think that maybe dreams are a way for your brain to clear out the 'junk' that is cluttering your neural pathways and help your brain function more efficiently during the day. Sounds like as good a theory as any. In any case, even if it doesn't mean anything doesn't mean a dream can't be interesting!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

I typically tend to dream cracked out versions of things I am obsessing about before I go to sleep. But I like the thoery from your article better.

And now I am going to be having some molestrious thought about Aimee Mann traipsing around lounge-style getting in guys faces all day! Strange, but funny nevertheless.

PS- You can yell Big Lots however the urge strikes you! Holli has it down pat with the emphasis, I think. Ask her to demonstrate! xoxo

11/21/2005 7:55 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hmm, is it possible that Aimee was acting out something you were feeling, especially by singing that particular song. And, what about the high school gymnasium? Perhaps you were concerned with fitting in with the blog friends you were meeting and it felt a little like the pressure of high school-exciting but tense. I may be way off base but it's fun analyzing someone else's dreams.

11/21/2005 11:46 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

My dreams are just way too bizarre.. Night before last I dreamed I went to some sort of detox camp with Johnny Carson - they were going to force everyone to take laxatives and I didn't want to tell him, because he was already upset about the quality of the food being served.

???

My mom said not to tell people the crazed crap I dream about.. it's not applicable, it makes no sense - and it's just plain WHACK!!!

I think I should probably stop going to sleep with serial killer documentaries playing every night.. that might be a start.

I think Michelle is pretty on the nose with her interpretation.. you were speaking your mucho liberal viewpoints through Aimee. :)

FOOD LION!!!

11/21/2005 12:15 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I don't think nervousness about the blog friends was a factor. It seemed like I was at the concert by myself (like I really was in Austin).

11/21/2005 12:54 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

I am not laughing at you Holli...but the nonchalance in which you say..." they were trying to force us to take laxatives and I didn't want to tell him b/c he was already upset about the quality of food being served there..."

I needed this break from work, I think! And i am going to make a concsious effort to start remembering my dreams better...

PIGGLY WIGGLY!

11/21/2005 12:58 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

LOL!!!

Today I dreamed I had a phone that made the world's most annoying noise.. like the one in Dumb & Dumber. Oh wait.. that is REALITY!!

___!!!

11/21/2005 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home