Saturday, November 19, 2005

What a Drag It Is Getting Old

I'm starting to notice that my body is beginning to rebel against me. I've started getting arthritis in one of my thumbs. I'm starting to realize I use my thumbs A LOT! Every time I visit my parents, my Mom usually has me open jars for her because she can't do it. I always wondered "How come she can't open jars?". Well, now I can't open jars either. At least not without discomfort.

Starting yesterday, I've also noticed that I'm getting neck pain from using the computer. My monitor sits fairly high up on the desk, which I always knew was not good ergonomically, but it never really affected me so I didn't pay much attention to it. Well, I've now removed the top shelf of the computer desk so I can get my monitor lower.

I'm sure some of you are thinking "Boo hoo, you ain't seen nothing yet." Trust me, I realize that. Pass the Geritol!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

I can relate...although I think I obsess about this more on the mental front...

And I wonder if other 26 year olds are doing this?

11/20/2005 11:37 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Dude, It really sucks doesn't it? I can laundry list the things that are not the same and I'm only 41 which isn't that old!
You know what my answer is....get some acupuncture. I found an alumni who is in Dallas/Ft. Worth which I know isn't close but.....if you're ever interested, I'll hook you up, yo!

11/20/2005 2:17 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I do take some comfort in the fact that I have seen a couple of studies that found that older people are generally happy at about the same rate as younger people. So apparently most people don't let this beat them down too much!

I am definitely interested in trying acupuncture at some point. I think I need to wait until I have some income again.

11/20/2005 4:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

My eye sight is freakin going and it makes me feel really lame. I used to only wear glasses at work for the computer and now I find I can't see a damn thing in any restaurant unless the lights are freakin full boar. It makes romantic dinners a little strange when you have to have your date read the menu to you 'cause your blind as a bat. I hate it!

11/20/2005 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home