Thursday, November 17, 2005

Can't Get Arrested

Fox has pulled Arrested Development off the schedule for the November sweeps. This is not a good sign. The networks are trying to get the best ratings possible in November so they can set advertising rates for next season, so when they pull a show during a sweeps month that is a sign that the show is getting poor ratings. Apparently AD is only averaging 4 million viewers this year, down from 6 million last year which was already low. It's getting beat by 7th Heaven fer cryin' out loud. Here is an article from the San Francisco Chronicle with some background. Fox has also declined to pick up the 'back 9' shows for this season, so there will only be 13 episodes this season. In all likelihood, the rest of the shows will be shown until all 13 have aired, and then that's it. I suppose we should be grateful for getting seasons 2 and 3 at all, and at least we'll have our DVD sets to watch over, and over, and over...Damn.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

a moment of silence, for one of the funniest shows to ever grace the airwaves. if people didn't start it from the beginning.. they just didn't get it - or they were idiots.

i remain faithfully.. a never nude.

11/17/2005 7:41 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Jason Bateman is seriously my hero...

I get so irritated when I watch this show with people who don't get it or think it's funny. Apparently we are in a group of 4 million other SPECIAL COOL people.

11/17/2005 7:55 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Thank you for finding this out, I thought that I just had really crappy luck! I always forget it's now on Mondays and when I've remembered, it hasn't been on and now this explains it! I started watching 2nd season and there are things I don't get, but who cares? It's inspired brilliance and I'm joining netflix just so I can catch up. Ok, maybe I should just buy the DVD's because it might be going bye-bye.

11/17/2005 8:56 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I am so very upset over this. After my very tiring NY marathon experience I got to get on a nice jet blue flight on Monday and settle in to watching AD. It made the whole flight worthwile I swear. It is hands down the best show ever.

11/17/2005 9:31 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

rvDamn Holli, I am dying over your never nude comment and picturing you wearing an eternally present pair of denim cut off shorts. Too funny.

11/17/2005 9:34 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

You are too funny. No, thank you for the link. I don't know how to make them actual links like ya'll do. I am tech challenged... (Although my MS page is the major shit... If I do say so myself and I do. haha)

11/18/2005 7:52 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I do have a pair of cut-offs!! I LOVE them!

11/18/2005 9:48 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Anne - Your wish shall be granted. In some of the articles talking about AD they mention that 7th Heaven will be ending after this season.

11/19/2005 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home