Saturday, November 26, 2005

HB Day 5 (or Half-Assed Post)

I have run out of time to do a proper post about today's activities. I am going home tomorrow, and I have been trying to get everything squared away for the journey. More lemur fun was had today, although I got to see that it's not all fun since I got to help clean up the kitchen. I had a good chance to throw a hissy fit because I had planned to take some pictures of the aye-ayes, I finished my roll of film on some ring-tailed lemurs, reached in my camera bag for another roll of film - which wasn't there. It was in my bag in my x-ray shielded pouch back at the house. In my younger days that would have been rage city but I think I handled it very well. I mean, what can you do, you know? And yes, I know that's just another argument for getting a digital camera. But hey, tell me your batteries haven't run down at a crucial time or you ran out of room on your memory card or your memory card flaked out? Anyway, I will try to do a little bit better recap after I get home tomorrow. And at least I can't get sick on the plane this time - I'm already sick!

7 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Thanks Karen.

This time it will be my turn to be the guy on the plane that the other passengers complain about: "Look at that guy coughing every 5 minutes. What a jerk. No wonder I get sick on planes all the time. Why doesn't he just stay home?!"

11/26/2005 10:47 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

No.. I pretty much have a gigantic memory card and a camera that stays charged constantly.

sicko.

Have a safe trip back.. Infect many and put a hex on that one town if you pass through it on the way home.

11/26/2005 10:49 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

At least your not sick AND traveling with a sick child. If you were that man, then they might eject you!

Glad you had fun with the lemurs and yes, my digital has run out of juice and memory. BUT my cute little camera was free so I deal.

Safe travels!!

11/27/2005 7:41 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

I thought you were going to say the lemur grabbed your roll of film!

Also, did you clean up the poop like guy on Dirty jobs with Mike Rowe? I LOVE THAT SHOW!

Have a safe trip home!

11/27/2005 12:41 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I didn't specifically pick up any poop, but I did carry a bucket out to the trash can that probably had some poop in it!

I haven't seen that show...

11/27/2005 5:58 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I've picked up poop today. That's my job - it's also a dirty one.

11/27/2005 7:07 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey, you did good to let it go. And, digital cameras aren't all that. They just give us more immediate satisfaction. I hope you feel better soon.

11/27/2005 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home