Monday, November 28, 2005

Can't Win 'Em All

Today started out pretty well, but it has kind of gone off the rails since then. My flight back was good, everything was on-time with no major hassles. I did find out why it's not a good idea to fly when you have nasal congestion. As the plane descended one of my ears popped, but the other one didn't. It got pretty uncomfortable there for awhile. I think it has finally cleared, but not until the last hour or so.

I wanted to go for a run tonight. I got dressed and headed out. I noticed that it was a little windy, but I decided to try it anyway. Oops. The wind was blowing directly from the west at a steady 24 miles per hour. To get to the track I run south, so it didn't seem too bad. When I rounded the bend on the track and headed west, the wind was blowing so hard I couldn't even breathe. There was lots of dust in the air too, everything looked kind of hazy. There was no way I could run in that wind so I had to bag it.

I got my pictures back from vacation and I was ready to start scanning them, but now my scanner won't work. Hrm. I guess it's probably time to sleep on that one. Back tomorrow with (hopefully) better news!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

I have OCD with popping my ears. I have ever since my mom showed me how to on a plane when I was little to relieve pressure in my ears and head. I think it cures stress and headaches. In actuality, my brain is probably about to explode from years of doing this.

Glad you are home safe!

11/28/2005 4:13 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Airline travel is hard on the body, there's no denying it. I guess I should take all those tips I read in magazines about hydration and other things to make flying more pleasant.

I hope the wind has died down and you've been able to run.

11/28/2005 4:21 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

What in the WORLD are you thinking jogging in this WIND??? And what with being sick? I have never heard of such a thing. Never. Dear Lord. I mean really. I couldn't even walk in it, let alone would I go out with a chest cold and try to jog. Good grief. Cheese and rice.

Go get something to make your cough more productive and stop the nonsense!!!

11/28/2005 5:04 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Holli,

I have seen the wisdom of your ways. See my next post!

11/28/2005 5:56 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

The gross popping ear thing happened to me on my way back from NYC when I had my cold. I felt like I was under water for a few days and could hardly hear anything. It was weird.

11/28/2005 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home