Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Don't Let the Door Hit Ya Where The Good Lord Split Ya

That's right McRib, I'm talking to you. In the interest of investigative journalism, Holli and I sampled the McRib from McDonald's last night. I have had one McRib in my life before, the first time they introduced it around 1983. I remember being really skeeved out by a piece of gristle, and I thought I was done with McRib for good. I thought maybe the fact that my tastes have evolved since then would give me a different impression of McRib. Not so much. While I didn't encounter any massive pieces of gristle, the meat was just weird. I thought the sauce was pretty good, and I love pickles on barbecue sandwiches, but the meat just ruined this thing. So, I have satisfied my curiosity about m crib. They are claiming that this is the 'Farewell Tour' for McRib. To which I say, "What the hell, since when do sandwiches go on tour and especially 'farewell tours'?" But I digress. Let us all hope they aren't teasing us with this farewell business, you know like Ozzy Osbourne or Cher. Goodbye McRib, and good riddance.

11 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

My stomach is still reeling from the jello/meat. And this is in no way an admission of any gastric issues.

12/20/2005 10:31 AM  
Blogger JC said...

I will put it on record that Holli hated McRib more than me. I actually ate the whole thing, Holli did not!

12/20/2005 10:38 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I can't eat that much. And I ate FRIES!! Those wonderful, magical, greasy McDonald's fries.

12/20/2005 11:18 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

that is just disgusting. that jello-y meat image, bleh. But oh the fries!!

12/20/2005 11:22 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

JC won't eat their fries!!! I tried to apply peer pressure, explaining that they extended my last dog's life by four years.. but it was a no-go. This health craze - it's gone too far!!!!

12/20/2005 12:16 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

I have never had the desire to try the McGrissle. Yuck yuck and yuck.

Still laughing about your when do sandwiches go on farewell tours line!

And karen...that was too funny!

12/20/2005 1:33 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

McDick.. PFTZ!!

and yes.. I had to find it out for myself. A certain woman's "gagging meat" might be another woman's treasure. Or so they say.

That just sounded bad.

12/20/2005 3:23 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Ok, that doesn't make sense JC. How can you NOT eat the fries but you can eat mystery gristle meat???

12/20/2005 6:22 PM  
Blogger Louis said...

1983 sounds about right for McRib's introduction date. I remember driving from home back to college with some friends, one of whom -- particularly hungover -- insisted on McDonald's run so he could try one.

He bit in and what did he find? A four inch-long hair, that's what.

But yeah, the fries were fantastic.

12/21/2005 1:51 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Why do I always have to be the sole voice of reason? Sigh. I have not eaten at McDonalds in about 5 years. It is disgusting people! It's right up there with Wal-mart on the WT meter. Did anyone see "Super Size Me"?

12/23/2005 12:03 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Yes - I saw Super Size Me.. This equally disgusted JC. I immediately went out and got a quarter pounds and large fries.. and I hadn't had one since having Faith.. I was trying to lose all my baby weight. But watching all those burgers made me crazy!!

Obviously that show had a much bigger effect on you and JC than it did on me. I don't eat there that often. That guy ate there enough to vomit in one day!!

p.s. - I'm tattling here.. JC ate fries from Wendy's yesterday. And he's not in town to delete comments!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/24/2005 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home