Friday, December 09, 2005

Domestic Disturbance

This morning I planned to watch this movie that Michelle blogged about awhile back. I have Netflix, so I had planned to watch the movie and then get it in the mailbox this afternoon. I also decided to start a load of laundry about 10 minutes into the movie. I was washing colors, so I set the dial to 'cold', turned the knob, and pulled it out to start the washer. Hmm. Usually the water starts flowing immediately. I opened the washer door, closed it, and tried again. Nothing. It is still fairly cold here, and the pipes that feed my washer are on the north side of my house, which doesn't get direct sunlight, so I figured maybe the water was frozen or something. Alright smartass, I'll use warm water. Bingo, the water started flowing and I got back to watching the movie.

About 10 minutes later, smack in the middle of the 'jimmy ha ha' scene, I heard what seemed to be water pouring out onto a floor. Low and behold, the noise was water pouring out onto the floor. Lots of water. Hmm. I turned off the washer and stared at the water as it started flowing out of the utility room into my kitchen pantry. Not good. I grabbed my mop and bucket and started attempting to get the water up. Eventually I also enlisted 2 big sponges that I use for washing my car. One of the sponges turned out to be the best tool for getting water off the floor quickly. I finally got the water mostly cleaned up. I couldn't find the source of the leak, so I started the washer again and everything continued without a problem. I guess the lesson for today is: don't try to run the washing machine if the water won't run. Damn I hate cold weather.

Eventually watching the movie turned into quite the piecemeal experience stretching over a good portion of the day. Not the best way to watch a movie, but I did enjoy it. It kind of gave me a 'Happiness' vibe, but not quite as dark (to me). The listing on metacritic is pretty positive too. I thought it was very interesting and well worth checking out.

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Geez first the car battery and now this. Something really good is going to happen to you soon dude. I am glad you got to see the movie. It was weird huh? It's great though. This weekend I'm doing the motorcycle diaries and some six feet under. Oh yeah.

12/09/2005 11:11 PM  
Blogger JC said...

The whole 'poop back and forth' bit was pretty funny. I probably just scared everyone away from watching it...

12/09/2005 11:51 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

The poop back and forth and the dirty notes taped to the guy's window are VERY interesting.

I think of all your readers, Anne, will be the least scared. She posts about poop quite a bit.

12/10/2005 12:01 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I also saw "Happiness" and thought it was a brilliant movie althought the pedophile stuff is hard to watch (not that anything really happens). Philip Seymour Hoffman is one of my all time favorte actors. "Love Liza" is another one that's good.

12/10/2005 12:49 PM  
Blogger JC said...

I actually have the DVD of 'Love Liza'. PSH is greatness.

12/10/2005 12:58 PM  
Blogger Marigoldie said...

I just realized that I was all "Oh yeah, I've seen that movie" on Michelle's blog, but in fact I did not see this movie. I was confusing it with--and I can't explain why--"We Don't Live Here Anymore." Duh. I really wanted to see the one you guys are talking about, but I missed it at the theater.

I was reading your post and got to "poop back and forth" and KNEW I'd never heard that brilliant phrase before.

12/11/2005 1:08 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh yeah the "poop back and forth" and the "Jimmy ha ha" are pretty unique. And, PSH is a complete genius for sure.

JC, If the job search pays off soon, you should save up some money to take a screen writing class. I could really see you working in film and you have a friend in the biz right?

12/11/2005 2:03 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Marigoldie - Welcome! It's really weird that you said that about confusing those 2 movies, because the first time I read Michelle's post that was the movie that popped into my head too. I don't know why either, the titles aren't even similar.

Michelle- I dream of writing a screenplay someday. I feel like at the moment I don't really have a story to tell. Maybe if I can think of a good story. I do have a friend who has written and directed 3 movies, here is his imdb page.

12/11/2005 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home