Monday, December 12, 2005

In Hiding

OK, here's a post for those sick of 'Tea Time'. Sheezus!

This morning I was awakened by some odd noises. It sounded like someone was snooping around outside my house. I tried to go back to sleep until I heard the doorbell. I got up, looked out the peephole, and saw a large man with a clipboard. Hell no, I'm not going to answer the door, I want to go back to sleep! I watch the man start to dial his phone, and then a few seconds later my phone starts ringing. What the hell? Who is this guy? I look at the caller ID and have no idea who this guy is. I watch him for a little bit out the front window, and finally I see that he has a Comcast sticker on his pickup truck. The cable guy? What the hell does he want?

Last week my poor ass cancelled my HBO subscription (that's going to hurt come Sopranos time, but notice I did finish Curb Your Enthusiasm), and digital cable (I only needed that to get HBO). For the moment I'm keeping the basic basic cable that is pretty much just local channels. Last Thursday I turned in my digital cable box in person, so I'm not sure why they sent a person out to traumatize me first thing in the morning. I can't receive HBO without the digital box, so I really don't think there's anything for this person to do here. I have a goal to interact with the minimum number of humans possible, so my first reaction was that I would hide from this person as long as I could. However, I think the goal of not having people ring my doorbell or call my phone at weird hours will beat out the misanthropic tendency this time. So, if he comes back I guess I'll see what in the hell he wants so he'll stop bothering me.

12 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I would have hidden too!! Isn't this why our doors come with locks??

No Justice.. NO PEACE!!!

12/12/2005 10:45 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I hid from Jehovah's Witnesses just last week. Saw them park in front of our house (we live on a dead end) and thought I'd escaped long enough upstairs. Coming down I see them in the window on the door and then crouched down. I'm sure they saw me.

I didn't enjoy this season of Curb as much as I wanted to. Past seasons have been completely inspired but this one? Not so much.

12/12/2005 11:52 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Karen - LOL!!!

I say always remember BTK!!!

Don't open the door for anyone!

____!!!

12/12/2005 2:23 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

I think it is terribly creepy that he immediatly dialed your number as he finished knocking! Stalker!

Karen, That is so what everyone does! Well, I suppose except for the people whose job it is to come to your house and freak you out and/or annoy you.

YUCK!

12/12/2005 3:38 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I think it's really creepy that he dialed your number. I would have hidden right up until that point which is when I would have come unglued.

12/12/2005 10:31 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Why wouldn't he have called first before knocking? I did eventually talk to the guy on the phone, and I'm still not sure exactly what his purpose was.

Kiki - I also didn't think this season of Curb was quite as good as some of the past seasons. There were some good moments, though, like the Larry David sandwich and how he was acting when he was around the people he thought were his real parents.

12/12/2005 11:20 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I love Shelley Burman (sp?) 1 of my favorite, FAVORITE episodes is the carpool lane and getting schwag for his daddy.

12/13/2005 5:21 AM  
Blogger JC said...

O-O - I will keep it locked and loaded at all times, sir!

Kiki - The carpool episode is an all-time classic. I love Shelley Berman as Dad. I also love Super Dave Osborne (I never knew his name was Bob Einstein and that he is Albert Brooks' brother before now) as Marty Funkhouser.

12/13/2005 2:43 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I got your Funkhouser right here.

That's actually my own little inside joke.

12/13/2005 3:15 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Marty Funkhouser makes that whole episode even better....it's the CHRONIC!

12/13/2005 4:16 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

that show is also where i first heard about teabagging, from crazy eye killa.

12/13/2005 4:17 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

um, I first heard about teabagging.. at a drag show. Don't ask, don't tell.

12/14/2005 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home