Monday, December 19, 2005

Lie Down With Dogs, Wake Up With Fleas

OK, not really. I just like that phrase. Day 2 of dog sitting went pretty well. I should have given thanks for the 4:30 wakeup on day 1, because today it was 4. I did get to go back to sleep, though, so everything worked out.

I wanted to post again yesterday, but something happened to the computer at my friend's house. In the morning I was basking in the glorious speed of the DSL connection (I have dialup at home). I went out to the store in the afternoon and when I got back and powered up the computer there was no internet connection. In fact, there was no internet connection for the rest of my stay. Technology! One thing I forgot to mention in my first post was the life-sized 3 Stooges cutout in the computer room. I think by the end of the weekend I finally reached a point where I was not surprised to find someone standing there. The first few times I think I peed a little in my pants every time I walked past that room. They looked real!

About the only other item of note for the weekend is that I discovered a stash of the beloved Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale. The 2 stores where I had purchased this beer in McKinney sold out over a month ago. The dog sitting took place in a town about 30 miles north of McKinney, so I guess they're not hip to the pumpkin up there. The madness can continue for another few days! Hey, it's seasonal so I have to stock up when I can!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, the blue moon pumpkin ale has potassium in it. I should start drinking it after a long run.

12/19/2005 6:15 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

Hehe, Michelle found a way to drink AND fuel her bod!

I didn't realize the dog sitting was at your friend's home.
You make me laugh.....peeing your pants a little. My daughter tells me this all the time, when she's playing too much and forgets to go to the bathroom.

For people that aren't 4 1/2 there is that drug called Detrol (sp?) gotta, go, gotta go, gotta go right now!! Or Depends.

12/19/2005 7:40 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I'm thrilled I got to partake in the madness of the Blue Moon beer this evening.. and all without Depends or bladder control medication!!

Thanks!

And for once.. I can vouch that the gas was not your fault.

12/19/2005 11:05 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Holli - It's so brave of you to talk about your problem in a public forum such as this.

12/20/2005 12:19 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Whomever smelt it dealt it! Just as an aside, for years my dad blamed his gas problem on our dog and my ex-step monster tried everything to change the dog's diet, etc. He had a good gig for at least 5 years until he yelled at the dog and he wasn't in the room!

hehe, my word verification was jkgag!

12/20/2005 6:13 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I can't believe you blamed the gas on me.

The gloves are now off. Bring it on, fartmaster.

12/20/2005 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home