Monday, January 02, 2006

Off the Road Again

Wow it feels weird to be home. I guess I've only been here 2 days in the last 2 weeks. I had a great visit to OKC to spend some time with Holli and Faith. A big thank you to Holli and her family for their hospitality! The New Year's Eve party was fun. I was a bit concerned because I didn't know anyone there besides H&F, but the people I met were really friendly. There was also some good food there. We agreed that Faith probably had more fun than us, what with dancing and making me chase her through the house (Holli should have some pictures at some point). You could see her energy level draining before midnight hit. She started staggering around and had trouble standing up before completely zonking out. She did manage to stay awake throughout the drive home so as not to miss a minute of 'Shrek' on the DVD player.

Yesterday after awakening from afternoon naptime, we discovered that there were wildfires burning fairly close by. The sky was pretty smoky. After it appeared that the fires were not an imminent danger Holli and I went out to see King Kong. It is a good piece of entertainment and a nice technical achievement, but since it is a tragedy it was kind of a sad story (even with knowing the story beforehand). I felt kind of bad that Holli was a bit upset by the movie.

On another note, I have signed up to take the GRE test next Monday afternoon. I was hoping to have studied a little bit more by this point - I guess this week I will need to buckle down. I have pretty much decided to focus in on the writing portion at this point, with a little bit of math review thrown in. It will feel really good to get this thing out of the way!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Welcome back. I'm glad you guys had a fun New Year's.

I think you will do just fine on the GRE.

1/03/2006 12:10 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

Welcome home. Good luck with the test. The only advice I have (as a fellow multi-question test taker) when your unsure, put a mark next to the question and go on. Keep doing the test in layers. Go thru the whole thing, answering the ones you definitely know, put a mark next to the ones you don't. Then keep going back and you'll find that there will be very few that you have to actually guess on.

The other thing, eliminate the answers that are wrong for each question, because often the right one will then pop out!

1/03/2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I wish I knew what accent was running through my head.. I'll have to do it in person.

You can do it! (said in accent in my head)

Yeah, thanks to King Kong I have officially taken the burden of mankind's animal enslavement onto my shoulder's via prayer. ALRIGHT!

1/03/2006 12:26 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Michelle - Thanks!

Kiki - Unfortunately, the test is computer based now. You can't go back to any of the questions, once you've answered a question it's gone for good. So, you have to be pretty sure of your answer before moving on to the next question. Process of elimination is a good strategy for this test, though.

Holli - except for enslaved tarantulas!

1/03/2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Good luck with the test.

1/03/2006 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home