Friday, January 13, 2006

Weird Dream of the Week

This dream wasn't really all that weird, but it is kind of funny. Last night I dreamed that I was hanging out with comedy great David Cross. I think I dreamed this because I was just talking about him last night to Holli. I was describing how he would do that weird voice on Mr. Show where he would pinch his neck and it would make his voice sound really strange. In the dream we were sitting on a couch watching TV, and I said "Hey, remember Indomitable Spirit? Where you were basically just a head and you were playing the drums?" (Explanation for those not familiar with Mr. Show: Indomitable Spirit was a band made up of absurdly handicapped people, like a guy with just a head playing the flute. David Cross was a drummer with no arms. In my dream I got him mixed up with the guy who was just a head.) He just said: "Yeah, that was pretty funny." You could tell I was totally beating him down by being such a lameass. Kind of made me think of the 'Chris Farley Show' on SNL when he had Paul McCartney on and he asked him: "Do you remember when you were in the Beatles?"

7 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I don't know what to comment since you're looking over my freaking shoulder as I read this, and you already narrated it to me.

1/13/2006 5:36 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

You are the second person's blog I read today that wrote about DAvid Cross. Freaky!

1/13/2006 8:55 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I have never seen Mr. Show and have no idea who David Cross is which makes me feel kind of lame because I know exactly which Chris Farley SNL episode you referenced. Guess I need to check out Mr. Show. It sounds pretty funny.

1/14/2006 12:54 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Michelle - David Cross plays Tobias on Arrested Development. You should definitely check out Mr. Show on Netflix.

1/14/2006 3:35 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, how did I completely miss that name? He's the best character on AD, and the only other nevernude besides Holli. I will definitely check out Mr. Show

1/15/2006 12:47 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

We need to send Michelle that David Cross Peta poster.. it's so sexy!!!

1/15/2006 9:57 AM  
Blogger JC said...

We should definitely make this happen!

1/15/2006 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home