Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Hello, My Name is Pigpen

I’m filthy. Absolutely filthy. I haven’t taken a shower in 2 days, which isn’t so bad by itself, but when you combine it with the fact that I have also run twice in the last 2 days, it’s now kind of gross. I guess I’ve been suffering from a GRE hangover that makes me want to do as little as possible (the running is very guilt-driven, which may be a more powerful motivator!). I’m sure you’ll all be pleased to know, however, that I do plan to take a shower immediately after posting this, and I’m actually looking forward to it!

Speaking of running, I’m not sure what the deal is but it has been very difficult lately. I have found myself walking much more than usual. I don’t know if it’s the fact that I have been on an irregular schedule over the holidays, or if it’s mental weakness, or if it’s that all of the crap that I ate over the holidays has made me sluggish. Hopefully I will get back to my previous level of performance soon.

Today I am returning my GRE prep book to the library. This will feel really good, because I have literally had this book checked out for almost 2 months solid. I’m getting so tired of seeing that book lying around!

I haven’t talked about TV shows in a while, and finally there is something for me to talk about. Scrubs has returned. I have to say that last night there was a segment that was one of the funniest things I have ever seen on television. It was the scene set to “Kung Fu Fighting” where Turk and Todd beat up all of the Asian residents. Holy moly. For one thing, it was extremely over-the-top in the kung-fu movie style. But the other thing that made it so great was that it was stretched out so far that it became absurd. I couldn’t believe I was seeing something like this on network television, it was just so bizarre and it went on forever. I will say that I am a little put off by the tendency of this show to kind of have a ‘message of the week’ every time, and that message is sometimes pretty sappy. However, the funny moments are just so bizarre and mesh so well with my sense of humor that I’m willing to overlook this flaw. I mean, come on, Turk sang ‘Safety Dance’ for crying out loud! And on another note, new episodes of Lost start again tonight!

6 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

I see the stink lines all the way up here in NJ!!

Scrubs was inspired last night. I love me a good kung fu fight of any kind but that scene was really good. I liked both episodes and I haven't watched in awhile.

1/11/2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Too bad all your Lost losers are locked up for DUI.

Plus, it's Project Runway some, Project Runway some..

You are not coming anywhere near us without a bath. I'm totally grossed out. And that's saying alot from me.

BURP.

1/11/2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Kiki - Betrayal Chop! Hi-ya!

Holli - Touche. And PR is why I will be watching Lost later. I am now squeaky clean! I smell like Pringles. JK on that last part...

1/11/2006 4:09 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

I always have so many things to comment on and then I read Holli's comments and lose my train of thought. LOL!

I totally did not shower this weekend (I was sick) but I also hate running. You couldn't pay me to run. Well, unless that's not true. It's all about the benjamins... haha

1/12/2006 8:45 AM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I hate running and showering. Well, mainly I hate having to dry my hair. Right now I hate doing anything that requires me to do anything.

Which is why I'm sitting in my pajama pants at 10:16.

1/12/2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

JC, looking forward to catching up on all your posts but I have to say thanks for this one especially. I think I will order "Scrubs" on Netflix if it's available because I have missed most of the shows but your post reminded me of how funny it is. I can't wait to see the Kung Fu Fighting episode. I love that over the top stuff.

1/13/2006 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home