Saturday, January 21, 2006

Suck

Ugh. I've known this day was coming for a couple of months now, but that didn't make it any easier to take. Holli and Faith moved today. I've been very lucky to be able to spend so much time with them, and I've also become very attached to both of them. It was nice being able to leave my house and land in Holliworld 10 minutes later. They're so much fun to be around, and they helped me to not dwell on some of the crappy things that have been going on in my life the last few months, and for that I am very grateful. I'm going to miss being so close to them.

I think just about everyone who reads my blog also reads Holli's, and some of you talk on the phone, so you know what a special person she is. I don't often meet people who have the same strange sense of humor that I do, but Holli is one of them. I haven't spent a lot of time around kids, so I wasn't sure what to expect from Faith. After being around her, I think it is impossible to know Faith and not love her. I'm even going to miss Nate Nate. In any bad situation it helps to try and pick out the positives, so here goes: they're only a 3 hour drive away, we can still talk on the phone, there's always email.

It's been so warm around here this winter, but last night a cold front blew in. It was 10 degrees colder today, and it's supposed to be even colder tomorrow. Somehow, that seems appropriate.

7 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Thanks Karen.

And, you never know!

1/21/2006 11:30 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

I feel terrible.

At least know that while I was really looking forward to moving home, you were one of the only reasons I hated leaving Texas.

Faith too.

and Nate.

:(

1/22/2006 9:42 AM  
Blogger daringtowrite said...

"So,", I said to myself, "I wonder who my pal Baylor is reading?" And suddenly here I am enjoying you, too.

1/22/2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Oh JC! I haven't even gotten to experience Holli in person and I can only imagine that this must be terribly hard for you! SUCK, indeed!

Keep the faith to both of you, as I know she would say!

Besides..you'll have to go to OKC...who else will Faith let paint their nails and have salon night with! xoxo

1/22/2006 1:49 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I feel bad for you, because it does suck to have your friends move. The good thing is that OKC really isn't that far a drive and you can visit. You'll just have to IM or use text messaging for the rest of project runway!!

1/22/2006 6:06 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Holli!

Wenda - welcome to the blog!

Baylor - Luckily I found the top to the fake nail polish, so Faith will be able to paint my nails again.

Kiki - I don't get Bravo, so Holli is going to tivo PR for me so I can watch when I visit. I'm stuck in the dark ages of technology...

One day at a time, one day at a time...

1/22/2006 11:03 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

They will only be as far away as the ends of your fingers.

Think fifty years ago you would have had to write letters and wait for the post.

1/23/2006 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home